• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Need some advice/opinions on hardscape

Aqua Hero

Hello Aquascapers, I have come back from a long retirement from this hobby and decided to rescape my dull tank.

My current idea for the scape:
-use a mix of weeping moss and spiky moss on the lava rocks
- use flame moss for the rear of the tank
- have a mix of monte carlo and DHG in the front flat area of the tank.
- gaps between the lava rock and seiryu stone I would have hydrocotyle sp Japan and some DHG grow.

As you can see the hard scape has been laid out but there is still room for improvement. Guys I am open to ANY advice/recommendations/opinions etc. As long as it's beneficial.

Note: this is all the equipment I can use so I cannot buy extra pieces like wood or more rocks or plants I have to work with what I got

20170812_193953.jpg
20170812_193943.jpg
20170812_193904.jpg

Based on the rule of golden triangle. Shouldn't you place the "tree" a bit to the left?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I can't really go anymore left because there is glass in the way. Could you be more specific

I think that was meant to be a bit to the right. Basically so it's one third the way across the tank as this ratio is more pleasing to the eye.

Oh I understand now. Right yes I can make that change.

Any others ideas

Aqua Hero

I played with your DW for a while and this is the best I could come up with. I have moved it down the slope and tilted it as if its falling down this gives it another focal point.

Your stones three different types (colours) that is why I have added the effect of a grass other wise very conflicting rock colourings.

Keith:):)

Back