• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need advice dosing 120gallon EI method

FishBeast

Hi guys, I am running a 120 gallon tank via EI method and my tank is 3 months old now and it isnt anything incredible.

I am using flourite red for substrate topped with river sand.

312w t5 light 6500k 8 hrs of 156w with 6 hr burst in the middle.
30ppm co2 my co2 starts 3 hrs before the first light comes on and ends 2 hrs before all lights go out.
28 degrees celcius
12x filtration per hour with good surface agitation

I have dosing:
1 1/2 tsp KNO3
1/2 tsp KH2PO4
1/2 tsp traces

3x a week.

So far I have had average growth. Everything is growing reasonably well except the HC. I intend to increase the dosage slightly as of tomorrow.

2 tsp KNO3
2 tsp KH2po4
3/4 tsp traces

I must add that I have very good water circulation around the tank and that the nutrients and co2 are circulation sufficiently. I would like to know if perhaps because my tank is heavily planted, that upping the dosage would be recommended?

It seems as if you know what you are doing, so it is really your decision as to where you go with dosing adjustments. Nobody here is going to have a feel for your tank and flows around it better than you.

If you feel growth should be a little more dynamic, try carefully tweaking the CO2 up a tad.

Just one other random thought; 28 degrees C sounds a tad high, but I am not too familiar with the reaction of plants at this temperature.

Dave.

OK, thanks for the advice. I think I will increase the dosage a little and do some research into my plants and fish to see what lower temps they are happy growing with.

Cheers

Back