• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need a good pump to pump water into aquarium

JonRon

Seedling
I bought a small submersible pump to put water into my tank and it didnt work. 8€ down the drain.
Anyone know of a good pump that will pump water back into my Aquarium from a 60l drum, that does not cost a lot.

Over the last 2,5 years i bought several pumps about 6 in all china brands and local LFS brands i think it was an Eden, AC 220 volts from 400 to 800 L/h all didn't came close to the stated specs and all had quite some loss in the Hmax more than 1 metre they lost a lot capacity.

The best of all pumps i bought was the DC 12 volt 650 l/h brandless China pump from ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-High-Qu...-Hotsell-BE-/121834312234?hash=item1c5de4122a

One of these i have still in use already over 2 years running 24/7.. These are realy good and strong pumps for the money.. Up to the task, pushes more and higher than any 800 l/h AC 220 pump i have.. Only need a sufficient DC 12 volt power supply to run it.. Next best thing, is it pushing to much. Let it run on a PWM motor controller and it is adjustable with the turn of a button..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Voltage-DC-...244615?hash=item1c80569e87:g:kaEAAOSwax5Y1AEQ
:thumbup:

Thanks for the Reply. Is their anything on Amazon thats under 20€ you could recommend. zozo, I would like to use something like this, but have now idea how to put it all together, and be safe around children.

I never did Amazon :).. But DC 12 volt is relatively safe around childred, at least why safer than AC 220.. :) Putting it together is + to + and - to -. So it aint rocket seince, but behold i can't know your skills, so easy for me to say it's easy. :)

Every pump has its head height limit. What is the height the pump will have to push water up to?

Measure the height from the pump to the hose opening of your setup and look at the pump's Hmax (Head Max) or pump head specs. Then you can roughly guess how much flow is left.

For example, an Eheim 1250 pump will deliver 20 litres per minute at ground level and the flow will stop at 2 metres height. So if your setup is 1 metre height, the pump will have about half of the flow left at the hose opening. Although most pump performance curves are not straight but it's still OK to think as if it was linear.

Back