• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureScape - The End

Light intensity is at 90% and that seems to be the magic number, my Rotala is finally turning red...

46825962644_5be01b6189_b.jpg

by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

No...Looks like Rotala sp rotundifolia or Rotala sp Colorata!
Rotala sp Colorata is the bottom right picture in the collage.....;)
hoggie

I think hoggie is right, most of it, if not all, is probably Colorata...
It's definitely the most vigorous and probably saw the other species/varieties off.

Had a good maintenance session today. And I also redistributed the moss over some more of the branches.
Popped in to Pets at Home to buy a net and found a male companion for my female Ram. I'l take a pic when he stops sulking and finally comes out of hiding.
I know that P@H are much maligned for the quality of their fish, but for my money the one at Beaumont Leys has the best kept fish in Leicester...so far.

32650788497_8225646297_b.jpg

by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

@Flapper2k thanks :)
Hi Tim
What's your water parameters roughly...... in this aquarium!
hoggie
Hi Hoggie, I don't often test my water parameters. But I've some idea from the water report. The water is medium hard, which for me is luxury since I've always previously lived in areas with very hard water. Other than that I think the pH is just the wrong side of 7 and drops about a point to around 6 with CO2.
Used to live in Beaumont Lees mate well just round the corner anstey and was the head chef at rothley court hotel lol sorry little bit of topic haha
Small world, Swadlincote ain't a million miles away either ;)

You know that male Ram I picked up from P@H....well I think it might be another female, what are the odds ? Don't see one for ages and then two come along at the same time...:rolleyes:
In my defence, it seemed to be holding and defending territory and the colours were a bit washed out; still not that bright now but slowly improving, I suspect it might not be too well.

But then I'm thinking that the original Ram might not actually be a female, which would explain why the male I had to let go couldn't tolerate her/him...it. And as soon as I introduced the new Ram the original coloured up and started flaring trying to get its attention; no aggressive behaviour at all from either.

The dorsal and pectoral fin morphology of both seem to ID them as female, and both have red bellies. But the blue spangling in the humeral spot of the original Ram doesn't seem to be that pronounced. Both are a similar size. Must admit I'm a bit confused, any ideas? :confused:

Orignal Ram
46883418524_95f212d442_b.jpg

Tim Harrison, on Flickr

New Ram
46883416354_fd4b05d478_b.jpg

Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Another of the original fish...
32665086057_67beeabd36_b.jpg

Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Back