• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureScape - The End

Some update pics...

46712695084_ca036c4188_b.jpg

46520709705_df8c6c585f_b.jpg

46520594725_90b1f5ac43_b.jpg

by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Thanks for the nice comments guys :)
What sp is that rotala in the back? H´ra or rotundifolia ? Thanks
Not sure really, started with pretty much every type of rotala I could get my hands on, but I think they're mostly colorata now.

A gorgious plessure to watch. And that Rainbow at the backpanel gives it a very idyllic touch.. :cool:

So, I've been thinking for a while that although it's a stunning plant the Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini', just isn't working in this scape. The leaves are too big and it really needs something with finer leaves that also has colour...Maybe Hygrophila 'Araguaia' would be a better alternative. Thoughts anyone?

46712690284_93ba2fe03c_b.jpg

by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

hygrophyla "araguaia" would give a nice contrast in leaf shape with the hydrotocyle, great idea.
Amania sp bonsai, or at least the plant sold under that name, might be nice. Didiplis diandra can be very pretty as midground plant.
Ludwigia sp white. might be something very different but would also provide a contrast in color.

leaves are too big and it really needs something with finer leaves that also has colour
this is alway my feeling about A r ‘Mini’ as well, it grows shorter than regular A r varieties, but leaf size remains similar so it’s not an easy plant to include in a scape

I think H ‘Araguaia’ is easier to keep trimmed short (than some of the other stem plants), but it can still have quite a long leaf under good light, CO2, nutrition
I suspect D diandra will need more trim maintenance as faster growth, but the leaf is much more delicate - degree of red seems more variable ... one of my favorites that’s no longer available locally since Tropica removed it (again I’m hopeful it will return as a tissue culture)

Did you swap the Radeon to T5? Any reason? Thanks!

Back