• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nature's Hideout

I should have also said that one looks in tip-top condition.
Thanks I they get good meals, 5 types of frozen food and premium pellets, everyday an other dish..

I assume they aren't commonly imported to the UK. I've seen the on <"Aquarium Glaser's list"> and a shop like <"Utaka"> would stock them, but I've never seen them for sale in the UK.
Yes got them from Utaka, they are a 40min drive from my home so I get most of my fish there and if they don't have it, I also can place orders from ruinemans and they bring it to a local gardening center.

Forty minutes is dangerously close, I'd definitely have to ration my visits.....Just had a look, less than £10 a fish.
Haha, yes they are not expensive indeed, cheaper the most stores in de area.. I have to restrain myself too I simply cannot keep everything I wanted, there are three filled tanks in the house that's the max I can manage.

At some places the hair grass starts to mrlt a bit. Is this normal for hairgrass, or do I have to add something? I do daily waterchanges but no added ferts.. The rest of the tank seems fine little crypt melt but that's normal u see submerged crypt leaves popping up already.
74bff1066af4ce3307f849062bcc6e0d.jpg

Mine also looks like that... I do dose ferts, but don’t daily water change. Mine were from tropica 1-2 grow.

so we are either both killing our hair grass in different ways, or it’s normal when newly planted- I’m hoping the later!

At some places the hair grass starts to mrlt a bit. Is this normal for hairgrass, or do I have to add something? I do daily waterchanges but no added ferts.. The rest of the tank seems fine little crypt melt but that's normal u see submerged crypt leaves popping up already.
74bff1066af4ce3307f849062bcc6e0d.jpg
I've found Hairgrass melts slightly when added, seems to lose its emersed growth but should show some nice green new growth at the same sort of time. I've always added ferts from the beginning so I'm not sure if dosing some ferts would help it, I'd definitely be doing daily water changes though.

I've found Hairgrass melts slightly when added, seems to lose its emersed growth but should show some nice green new growth at the same sort of time. I've always added ferts from the beginning so I'm not sure if dosing some ferts would help it, I'd definitely be doing daily water changes though.
Thanks for the clarification! So it should be quite normal. I just keep my routine up and hopefully it all sorts out..

So tank is getting more stable, the melting stopped it thinned out a lot but now I see new growth although it is really a battle against the krobia's they like to pull out the eleocharis so i have to replant some everyday.. :banghead:
Today I upped the light from 6 to 7 hours and started dosing potassium sulfate and magnesium. Found out the monte carlo is a good indicator plant. I also added some fish 12 Nannostomus Beckfordi and 10 Corydora Habrosus.

Everything is growing slowly but it grows.. Got some gsa, brown diatoms and som algea that looks like green staghorn if I pull it with some teasers it easely disattach..

Today with water change I noticed a smell like river fish smell when you catch them. Not the normal aquarium scent.Wonder whats causing this?

Ooh and the krobias have a taste for pencil fish I have only 5 left.. The Cory's and otto's are left alone. Such a shame I really loved them together.

Any of your stock unaccounted for @DeepMetropolis ? Possibly a deceased fish somewhere gone unnoticed?
Yes as I said about of them most probably eaten by the krobias. It's not such a big tank looked for them everywhere but a just could not find them and the planting is not dense enough to not see it.

Back