• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nature pictures

JEK

Still browsing trough old photos (feeling really nostalgic today :) ) and thought I'd share some of the nature pics with you. Maybe they can give some inspiration for aquarium layouts...
They're from Sweden and the photos are taken by my brother.

DSC01780.JPG

I've no idea what they're called in english. Really nice bird though... :) They're rather heavy so the treebranches are often bending when too many sits on the same. Very funny tp watch. :D
_DSC1866.JPG

_DSC2092.JPG

DSC00993.jpg

DSC00954.JPG

DSC01043.JPG

DSC00391.JPG

This is a grayling, a very beautiful fish. The large dorsal fin is very colourful.
B0001371.jpg

DSC00400.JPG

DSC00321.JPG

This is not from Sweden, but the danish island Bornholm
B0003295.JPG

And this is me, fishing from canoe. 8)
DSC00131.JPG

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. :D

Hi all,
Lovely photo's,
birds,I've no idea what they're called in english.
I think they look like a Grouse, so presumably Hazel Hen (Bonasa bonasia) too small? (which we don't get in the UK) or the bigger Black Grouse (Tetrao tetrix). If they are really big then they might be female Capercallie (Tetrao urogallus)?

We do get Black Grouse and Capercallie, but they are both pretty rare in the UK, only in Scotland?.

cheers Darrel

dw1305 said:
Hi all,
Lovely photo's,
birds,I've no idea what they're called in english.
I think they look like a Grouse, so presumably Hazel Hen (Bonasa bonasia) too small? (which we don't get in the UK) or the bigger Black Grouse (Tetrao tetrix). If they are really big then they might be female Capercallie (Tetrao urogallus)?

We do get Black Grouse and Capercallie, but they are both pretty rare in the UK, only in Scotland?.

cheers Darrel

Just checked the swedish names and it's Tetrao tetrix, "Orre" in swedish. We also often see Tetrao urogallus, very beautiful bird. The males can be rather agressive in the springtime. I've heard many stories about Capercallie males attacking humans, but I haven't been lucky enough to experience it myself :D

Love the pictures! :thumbup: Love to do some fishing there and some kayaking, especially if there is a white water :wideyed:
Thank you. I haven't tried kayaking, but would love to trie it someday.

Back