• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nature is the True Master

johnny70

Did these last week, I have been trying to improve with the kit I have, learning all the time :crazy:

1.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

2t.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Just a standard Canon 400D with a Sigma 28-80mm Macro lens, I really do need a better lens, but finding a good not hugely expensive one is a task and a half :crazy:

Excellent pictures, I'd be happy if they were mine.

The only comment I'd make is I'd use a different coloured frame (or none at all) so as not to take the eye away from the focal point. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination so better qualified photographers may well disagree! Still nice though.

Simon, I know what you mean, I was only playing with these images, I kept the unedited RAW files so I can play more :D

Thanks George, I wanted to shot in full sun, good job we had a nice day not long after the flowers opened, I wanted to use just natural light to create the hot spots :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm very happy with them, not award winning but still some of my best so far :clap:

Great colletion of shots :) the coloured borders are not really my thing, I think it takes away from the photos, if you going to give it borders only use black or white for the boarder and you will see its much better. Flash works great for macros too, try playing with that, if its too strong just tape some layers of white printer paper over the top of the flash and you will see that it acts like a diffusor. ;)

good attempts.

you could also try using tungsten lighting indoors with black backgrounds.

i took this a few years ago in my front room and an old light.

248_4878.jpg

:thumbup: thanks again for the suggestion, no doubt I will be doing some as suggested in the future. The whole point of this series was natural, no extra lighting etc, sorry if that part wasn't clear :thumbup: :thumbup:

johnny70 said:
he whole point of this series was natural, no extra lighting etc, sorry if that part wasn't clear :thumbup: :thumbup:

ahh, sorry. :angelic:

ok, so maybe make some reflectors or buy a cheap one?....to bounce natural light on to the subject.

Back