• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

natural yellow plants and deficiencies

Cor

I find it difficult to define certain problems with yellow plants like a Nesaea pedicellata Golden.
It has dark spots on the leaves, so my first thoughts are Mg but testresults confirm otherwise.
def.jpg

specs:
Tropica soil and Tropica nutri caps
1 point pH drop (good flow and water distribution)
ferts are ADA kloon (always good results)
Twinstar 600SA at 70%
temp. 21 °C

testresults:
Mg 5
Fe 0.1
NO3 4
PO4 0.07

Any thoughts?
TIA, Cor

ADA kloon

An ADA Clone ?

testresults:
Mg 5
Fe 0.1
NO3 4
PO4 0.07

Although some swear by test results, other hate them as hobby level test kits can be unreliable and interactions with tank water can also effect their results. I'm in the later group - so I would say ignore the results.

ADA fert regime is a fairly low concentration of nutrients, which IMO is supplemented greatly by the nutrient rich ADA soil, until the ADA soil runs out of nutrients that is. Have you tried increasing you fert dose say double dose tank for 4-6 weeks and see if there is any improvement or use an EI dose. Although you have had success with ADA fert regime so far maybe it just isn't enough for Nesaea pedicellata Golden, rest of plants in pic look good from what I can make out

HI, too much calcium can inhibit the uptake of Mg. so a good ratio is important. many hobbyists aim for is 3:1 ca:mg ratio.
another suspect is PO4 I take it you are using a p-limited approach? maybe try up The P for a few weeks.

Reactions: Cor
An ADA Clone ?
Yep, a clone :)
Have you tried increasing you fert dose say double dose tank for 4-6 weeks and see if there is any improvement or use an EI dose.
I'm going to increase the dose and see what happens 👍

HI, too much calcium can inhibit the uptake of Mg. so a good ratio is important. many hobbyists aim for is 3:1 ca:mg ratio.
another suspect is PO4 I take it you are using a p-limited approach? maybe try up The P for a few weeks.
Sorry but this is not true. This idea is a myth generated by the data available for terrestrial plants. Aquatic plants do not care about ratios of any nutrient to any other nutrient.

Cheers,

Back