• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Narrowing down that (small) eBay seeds

Progen

pppmplo.jpg

So after 3+ months of neglect in the main tank, this is what it's grown to become after about 2+ weeks in my shrimp tank planted in garden compost.

jTgQ3b7.jpg

Here's the vein structure of one of the reddish ones.

ZTJy4OW.jpg

And this one shows the variations in colours.

I'm still thinking Hygrophila.........:)
- having plenty of individuals, I would get a few emersed growing to have flowers for better ID.

I'm still thinking Hygrophila.........:)
- having plenty of individuals, I would get a few emersed growing to have flowers for better ID.

The funny thing was all of the emersed ones have died.

You can do a "cola-bottle-greenhouse" very cheap and easily, to raise humidity around the plants.
- cut the bottom of a cola-plastic-bottle (or any other brand, ofcourse). Place this over the plant(let) sitting in a standard plant-pot. For Hygrophila any standard potting soil should do well - just keep it well watered. To be placed in a well lit place.....OUT OF DIRECT SUN, since this will raise temp. inside bottle; boiling the plant.
You now have raised humidity around the plant constantly......which will allmost certainly induce moulds, that might attack the plant. To avoid this, you must ventilate well at least once a day, by unscrewing the lid for about an hour. This should create dry surfaces on objects (incl. plants) inside bottle, thus preventing most fungal spores from germinating. Over time ypu can likely adapt plants to standard room-humidity, by increasing ventilation.
- this works for most aquatic plants to adapt to emerse.....and very well for rooting most standard cuttings, too...........:)
Have fun !

eZJm15w.jpg

No flowers yet but these two sneaky buggers have been caught trying to cross the border!

Back