• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano tank with carpet substrate choice??

Epiphyte

I've got an ADA 45-f, currently using Denerle aqua soil and it's just rubbish. For the life of me I cannot get it to grow anything because it will not grip the roots long enough for things not to float away. It also flattened itself almost entirely from the slope I built. I know compacting substrate is bad but this is difficult to use in a shallow depth tank.

I'm only trying to grow Monte Carlo after failing with H. Cuba. Good lights, CO2 injection and dosing daily with ferts.

What is a small grain substrate that grips small plants well to grow a nice thick carpet?

I am also having very good results with tropica powder soil. I thought my HELANTHIUM BOLIVIANUM was going to float away over night, but all was fine. Had to make sure that all the roots were right down the bottom. I dug a small hole, placed the plant and back filled. Caused a lot of black dust, most of it has gone. Just a bit on the leaves which I vacuum off during water changes.
Day 000.JPG
Day 001.JPG

Back