• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano Tank 17l - Rescape update

Have made some changes to the tank but am suffering some difficulties and was wondering if I could get some help??

I'm cautious about the EI dosing and I think I have a tendency to put far too much in! The tank is only small and he guide lines on aquarium plant food say to put in 10ml per 50l. This would equate to me putting in roughly 2 ml?? I have been overdosing and could this be a potential reason for algae and such. I know many people say that too many ferts will not cause algae but I'm just wondering as I heard a different opinion from the staff at the green machine.

My second point I was going to ask about is some of my mini hairgrass is yellowing and not the lush green colour some of the other strands are. Is this an iron deficiency??

I've also has several deaths of RCS which is baffling as I've been told that they are bomb proof?!? Any thoughts??

Here's the tank what it looks like now. I have swapped the lights with old LEDs (which had the tank pearling like mad) as I have just started up a new tank which has them on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

zegamyqy.jpg

Back