• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano Internal Filter Suggestions

frothhelmet

I am looking for a nano filter to do work on a 12"x8"x8", 12l tank. I ideally want it to be unobtrusive (ie small), to have a flow which can be dumbed down so it does not overwhelm whatever is in there (a spraybar type feature could be good), and it MUST be super silent, as it is going in my bedroom. Anyone know of a filter that fits this bill? Was thinking of a Fluval U1. Thanks!

Is it pretty much silent running (w/o the venturi of course) when you put your ear next to the glass?

Looks like the right size and is adjustable in terms of flow and direction. These are definite pluses.

Which hang-on the back is that George? I have always like the Hagen Aquaclear Hang on the Back filters in the US. I can't figure out what they call them here. Perhaps they don't sell...

It looks like you can adjust the Niagara 250's flow? Can you LD?

Thanks for the Dennerli filter suggestion Matt. That one looks top notch. Debating whether I want to have flexibility that it would afford. Decisions Decisions.

How about dividing say 2" of one end off as a filter with chambers for media, pump etc. Like this:

DSC02059.JPG

Then cover the outside in fablon or similar to cover up the bits in the filter 'zone'.

Just another option.

Dave

Back