• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nannostomus marginatus

Jenni

Hi Everyone,

I've got a heavily planted tank 252l tank which currently houses a pair of Apistogramma borellii, trio of Apistogramma hongsloi, cardinals, embers, smudgespot corys, slantbar corys and a group of 14 marginatus pencils (along with a huge cleanup crew). My apistos are breeding and i've seen my marginatus spawning too - my question is do the females usually become very round with eggs? i've 2 girls who are HUGE and the males are squabbling over them, just want to make sure there's nothing untoward going on with these huge bellies!

Sounds normal to me but could only be sure if there were pics of the females in question... although in a heavily planted setup that's probably hard to do

I've kept numerous different Nannostomus and the females were quite plump when in breeding condition

I wouldn't be concerned unless you have noticed something else that seems 'off' with them

Back