• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Najas guadalupensis aka guppy grass supreme hardiness

mort

I know most people aren't that fond of guppy grass but I really love the stuff and keep a decent amount in my tank. As this grows like a weed I often have plenty of surplus, so I chucked a load in the wildlife tub pond last summer to see how it did. Today when I was doing a little maintenance I noticed it still there and actively growing, so it has the potential to overwinter here in the uk, which surprised me enough to make this post. I know some areas its naturally found get cold but we did get a short period where it was under ice this winter because its an above ground tub.

I like any dense plants, easy to grow of course. I have the reputation of killing any plants.. I murdered aloe :oops:

As this grows like a weed I often have plenty of surplus, so I chucked a load in the wildlife tub pond last summer to see how it did. Today when I was doing a little maintenance I noticed it still there and actively growing, so it has the potential to overwinter here in the uk, which surprised me enough to make this post.
- good to know.... Thx.

Back