• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Great video (very wel put together) and great tank. (the only problem i have with it are the denisonii's, they grow to large for this tank, and even if you wont get them to this size in this tank they bother me, but i am strange that way)

It looks stunning Iain! A fantastic video and the fish look superb too...! One thing I notice though, is you have very little movement from the plants in the flow, yet they are pearling like crazy?

Wonderful, my friend. Simply wonderful!!!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

It looks stunning Iain! A fantastic video and the fish look superb too...! One thing I notice though, is you have very little movement from the plants in the flow, yet they are pearling like crazy?

Flows been turned down Gary whilst iains recording. Gets the fish out much more too and you see loads more pearling.

Fantastic video Iain. Beautiful tank. Hope this stays running a little longer

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Superb Iain, got to be my favourite tank this year just on fish selection alone, looks superb mate.
thanks tim, ive honestly loved the fish mix. The rhombos are a real fav, im sad to see them go.
Worth the wait! It looks great!
even with the dodgy panning!
A real testament to your skills, absolutely stunning. :)
much appreciated but dont know about that mate, watch it a few times in HD and there are a bunch of obvious issues.
Great video (very wel put together) and great tank. (the only problem i have with it are the denisonii's, they grow to large for this tank, and even if you wont get them to this size in this tank they bother me, but i am strange that way)
ICheers edvet, but they make good eating too :p
As Al has said later, was filmed with all gear removed for a final image, the plants pearl in minutes when the giesemann is turned up 100% for pics. normal running is 40%
Iain's a disciple of amano Gary, unreal skills IMO.
i wish....
Wonderful, my friend. Simply wonderful!!!
Cheers Ant, your opinion means a lot.
So somehow I managed to miss 90 percent of this journal, which was my loss! Lovely video Iain, that little nook on the right of the tank is a great touch. The denisoni and sidthimunki look great too.
Its their hidey hole Tom, wish i could say it was planned...
When people say nature aquarium, this is what they really mean, the mixture of plants and the layout looks truly natural, amazing scape. :thumbup:
Love you ADA, even though i never had the skill or time time to get it where i wanted im glad it is more nature than diorama (amazing dedication non the less.)
Wopping...;)awesome Iain, glad you managed to get it back on track...:thumbup:
not quite fella, buces never recovered not too sure why?
Flows been turned down Gary whilst iains recording. Gets the fish out much more too and you see loads more pearling
Fantastic video Iain. Beautiful tank. Hope this stays running a little longer
steal my credit lol
too right, no flow for images and the tank hasnt pearled in months day to day.
Break down in the next few weeks, got an idea but not sure it will work. Will have to consult Ed, Al etc...[DOUBLEPOST=1401499660][/DOUBLEPOST]I know i said it on the previous tank but im still amazed and enthused by all the feedback from all you guys. I really find it humbling from a tank that clearly doesnt have the touch of the masters.
I hope the next one will be as enjoyable (said through gritted teeth from 12 months of moss maintenance)

Last edited:
superb, easily up there with the best of them:clap: oozes vitality and freshness.

Cheers nature, I've really enjoyed this tank and will be genuinely sad to take it down...
Had a few minutes spare so had a play with the new rocks....
9u3arezu.jpg

Time to start looking for some wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When i saw you vid, I feel in china lol:hilarious: realy natural and relaxing, good luck in IAPLC.
I love p.denisonii, but i'm afraid to come home and see this expensive fish at the floor !! have you had any issue with this?
wow, let's see what you can do with those rocks !!

Hey Robert, glad you like the video.
I had one jumper when I started this tank but having the Perspex on over the corners stopped it.
They are amazing fish but do get big, luckily I have a new home lined up for them already in a 6ft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really pulled this one back from the brink mate and the rhombo's look so happy in there!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Do you know where your pH sits in this one Iian?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hey Ali, its recovered pretty well but the buces are still unhappy dropping more leaves than they grow.
If youd like some more rhomobo's they're currently seeking a home for the cost of posting :)
Ph is 6.8 resting, dropping to 5.9-6 during co2.

Back