• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
This is one SEXY tank. After years of botching and mis-matching to get things right in my tanks, I can't wait until I can afford a beautifully made setup like this. Congratulations on what looks like a top notch purchase :thumbup:

Seeing as you're going for an Asian fauna, I'd like to recommend Pethia gelius. They're very active and interesting fish, with good schooling characteristics. They also colour up beautifully with subtle golds and black stripes.

Good luck with the scape, I look forward to seeing how you go about utilising the clean lines of this fantastic tank.

Only just picked up this thread.

Come on Iain lets be 'avin you. I can't wait to see some pics.

I'm also desperate to see some of his NA gear for sale in the UK and know the prices.

Man I can't wait for more pics :) did anyone else actually see that bards ape teaser u posted on your other journal it looked good Iain.
thanks tim , however that harscape all went into the shed as while at Freshwatershrimp i found a bunch of ideal wood that i couldnt resist. Got hardscape coming out my ears now.

thanks al, beer was out by 2pm :)

i didnt get finished last night, i got most of it done but had nothing left in me so had to go sleep. Just about to get up and finish off.... should have some pics up soon.

thanks tim , however that harscape all went into the shed as while at Freshwatershrimp i found a bunch of ideal wood that i couldnt resist. Got hardscape coming out my ears now.

thanks al, beer was out by 2pm :)

i didnt get finished last night, i got most of it done but had nothing left in me so had to go sleep. Just about to get up and finish off.... should have some pics up soon.

Hurry don't keep us all waiting

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

cheers mate,im looking forward to seeing your now bud. Ill flick you a pm in a mo...
Scape name might just be temp while i consider others but wanted a watermark after hearing about pictures being stolen...

Just need the background plants and itll be done. Its pretty sparse at the moment even though there are quite a lot of plants, most just as rhizomes and invitro so should spring to life over the coming weeks.
Also want to get some Bucephalanda's to detail but need to complete the sale of a kidney first :greedy:
I broke my DC and thermometer last night as my brain was fried, really glad i dont have glass lilys any more!!
Pumping toxic levels of co2 at the moment along with dosing just 50% micros for the first week or two while it settles down, lights at 60% power and quite high. Not keen on tempting algae until the army go in at the end of the week or so.
Water changes are being completed using the eheim 5000, drains it in about 30 seconds lol
I'm also trying out the Tropica phone app just for giggles, very handy to keep track of how long the tanks been running also.

Hi
this is a nice looking tank !! (really i am jealous hahaha)
Is it possible to have the link to the web site where you buy it ( I can t find it) or the N A web site.
I would like to buy an optiwhite tank !!
looking forward for more update and pic of this tank!
cheers

Hi
this is a nice looking tank !! (really i am jealous hahaha)
Is it possible to have the link to the web site where you buy it ( I can t find it) or the N A web site.
I would like to buy an optiwhite tank !!
looking forward for more update and pic of this tank!
cheers
Just go to the sponsors forum on this site, and go to freshwater shrimp. There is a shortcut to their site.
Charlie

hey there, it really is a good bit of kit. Freshwatershrimp are the UK distributor for NA, however i believe you are in far warmer climes.
NATURAL AQUARIO | Aquarium Systems Manufacturer dont think the website is really up to date though as they have a new line due to launch.....

Haha not intentionally Ian, some plants just arrived today.

Ok, plant list
Taxiphyllum barbieri x 35 pots(ish) half trimming from ed, half tropica
Blyxa Aubertii x 20
Blyxa Japonica x 15
Cryptocoryne Retrospiralis x 7 plants
Bolbitus Heudelotii just as rhizomes
Hygrophillia pinnatifida x 2 invitro about 40 plants
Bucephalandra to be added sometime.....

So its a bit of a nemesis tank as ive failed with a lot of these plants in the past, id like to think ive learnt something since then though.
Few weeks it should look a different tank. Want to try black background on the two islands leaving the middle open as most gaps should fill in.
IMG_4121_zps323e5c44.jpg

The constructionIMG_4123_zpsf86ce273.jpg
IMG_4128_zps05b1ea2d.jpg

from the sofa
IMG_4122_zpsfe0ef307.jpg

Thats looking beautiful mate!!!
Youve definitely got the knack for it now and love the yellow hugh to the back ground. It doesnt look just planted. Especially the moss. You sure its only been planted a few days ;)
One criticism and its purely probably just me...im far from a scaper but the tall piece of wood to the left that's kind of upright looks out of place?
Or is it just me :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed with the above statement on the wood. It looks like it's coming from the top rather than the bottom and is detracting from what is a beautifully clean looking scape. It's incredibly neat without looking clinical. Looks beautiful in pictures, but I bet it's really something in the flesh.

Whooaaaa every update is better and better ! Very nice. Live the feeling if that scape.
I agree with Alastair, I am not a great scraper at all but I think the same.
Mate continue to surprise us with that tank !!! :) cheers

Back