• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Weeds & Moss 'Iwagumi'

Andy D

Hi All,

My main tanks are plodding along and I am itching to do 'something'. Until I can get a Scapers tank and accessories I decide to throw something together with what I've got. I've not done any kind of journal with this (and was tempted to put it in chit chat) as the only thing aquatic about it is the rain water that got into it last night.

The list is as follows:

Tank - 36cm x 22cm x 26cm

Lighting - Sunlight

Substrate - multi-purpose compost taken from a pot that I grew annuals in last year.

Hardscape - landscape rock

Flora - weeds (Darrel might be able to identify) taken from my fuchsia tubs, moss from the floor and moss from my shrimp tank.

Fauna - maybe some bugs.

Total cost - £0

How this will go is anyone's guess. It's a bit flooded at the moment. I could have made more effort with the moss arrangement to look better but my focus is simply to see if it stays alive and grows.

93b0c96c9a5b53fb78608970159c6938.jpg

e10f493d84d944a64f63fa2a41558818.jpg

caf8ab63ae3b88c0376f0123fd2ef6b4.jpg

Looks good, I always struggle keeping most terrestrial mosses alive indoors in the few times I've tried to keep woodlice, so good luck to you there. Your weeds look like some kind of Cardamine, probably hirsuta.

I've tried this type of approach but didn't work out as the PAR of the Australian sun was more than what my 5W lamp had.... ;) YMMV in the UK.

Back