• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

my vivarium show nano. short video

Re: my vivarium show nano. rescaped.

Here it is, thought I have to wait till Vivarium expo ..

Like the new one :clap:

Re: my vivarium show nano. rescaped.

I think this is 3rd time lucky! :lol:

Tank 1....grow too quick :twisted:
Tank 2...didn't grow very well :(
Tank 3...running nicely indeed. :D

Here's the latest installment of vivarium showtanks :lol:

6 weeks left, and i should have this done. Dan reminded me it was 6 weeks, as i thought it was just 2 left :oops:

No hardscape to fall over, simple plants, with hyrdacotle to add a bit of height...That's the plan at least.

When we get to vivatium, I'd like to add some guppies.

Pics are, one with flash, one without.

viv3.jpg

flat.jpg

Re: my vivarium show nano. 3rd time lucky!

Lol thats a lot of difference :D Looks nice!

I like particularly the right hand side. It looks almoust complete to me, maybe the eleocharis need some time to establish itself. The left hand side will look nice, I suppose your idea is to create a well shaped plant mass there? With the rotala, is it rotala?

After all I like the diversity of ideas that you have gone through, in this scape :thumbup:

Antoni Dimitrov said:
With the rotala, is it rotala?

it's glosso :lol: I'll let the glosso towards the back grow up, and pray for the forward bits to crawl. :angelic:

Antoni Dimitrov said:
maybe the eleocharis need some time to establish itself

true. I'd like a wall, but not too dense. The tank is just 2 or 3 weeks old and the acicularis was trimmed to the ground, it's grown that much in 3 weeks...kinda slow.

lol thats a surprise! I havent seen such a growth from glosso :) . How do you achieved that? Is the ligthing really low?

Mark Evans said:
true. I'd like a wall, but not too dense. The tank is just 2 or 3 weeks old and the acicularis was trimmed to the ground, it's grown that much in 3 weeks...kinda slow.

I think it is ok, as you are targeting mature tank in about 6 weeks!

I like it a lot :)

Its calming, haha its the only way I can describe it. I didn't post on Tobi's thread but what is the dosing regime of this little one mate, would really help me out with my own one, do you think an NPKmix would be beneficial with the flowgrow and Spazial N?

Cheers

nayr88 said:
but what is the dosing regime of this little one mate, would really help me out with my own one, do you think an NPKmix would be beneficial with the flowgrow and Spazial N?

I'm still trial and error myself, but at the moment, i'm dosing 2 squirts of each. W/C everyday...just because it's easy to do.

Acicularis is looking really nice with the addition of these ferts.

I'm dosing just the 2 at the moment, and if there's any deficiency, I'll firstly, pin it down to po4, which I'll then add.

This whole dosing thing for me, is like learning from scratch, but it's fun.

Antoni Dimitrov said:
How do you achieved that? Is the ligthing really low?

i'm not sure mate. Glosso always grows like a weed for me. I trapped the smallest bit (mm's) in a moss stone, and it's growing from the smallest of bits.

I need horizontal growth now. :D

Nice glosso mate, polish a horse shoe, find a lucky clover for vivarium 'cause you've got competition :lol:

Best,
Mike

Mark Evans said:
Antoni Dimitrov said:
How do you achieved that? Is the ligthing really low?

i'm not sure mate. Glosso always grows like a weed for me. I trapped the smallest bit (mm's) in a moss stone, and it's growing from the smallest of bits.

I need horizontal growth now. :D

That is interesting and worth examing :geek: Most of the cases is the lighting issue, but I do not believe this is the case in your tank.. besides you also mentioned that it has been happening in other tanks too.
Sorry for the off topic, just been a bit of a geek now :lol:

Thanks mate, ill try 2 of each, I've been doing 1of each at the moment, I may just add 1pump of NPK for the hell of it, surely there wouldn't be a bad effect.

Such a stunning little tank, a proper little piece of art.

Cheers

nayr88 said:
surely there wouldn't be a bad effect.

Such a stunning little tank, a proper little piece of art.

i might try the same mate, and thanks. It's a simple scape, with an airy feel...just what i wanted.

When i take it to Vivarium, i'm going to bring a back light and blue background for the real effect :thumbup:

clonitza said:
Nice glosso mate, polish a horse shoe, find a lucky clover for vivarium 'cause you've got competition

ok :lol:

Antoni Dimitrov said:
That is interesting and worth examing Most of the cases is the lighting issue, but I do not believe this is the case in your tank.. besides you also mentioned that it has been happening in other tanks too.

I'm not a fan of the 'perfect' glosso look. A tad wild is good with me :D

Thats awesome mate. You seem to be able to turn your hand to any size tank. :clap:

I guess you won't be wating to borrow the hammer I put through mine :lol:

AC

Cheers George.

The music is by a guy called Ludovico Einaudi. An Italian pianist, classical, but with a firm modern take on it. I love his stuff.

My other 120cm vid featured this guy. :thumbup:

Back