• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

my vivarium show nano. short video

Re: my vivarium show nano.(crash, boom, wallop!)

flygja said:
1cm HC growth in 24 hours? That's astounding!

it's slowed down since, but yeah. it did grow that much. I put it down to good specimens, with stored energy.

Every time I've grown HC i get at least 10% loss through melt. I've not lost any, and it remains at a steady pace with growth.

The rotala is the real weed and has been cut to an inch short. When i planted the rotala, i cut it in half and buried both parts even the stubs, are now showing new growth.

Nothing new on the crypts or red flame.

cheers gill.

The echinodorus has thrown out a new leaf. such a vivid colour. I couldnt capture it though, due to it's postioning.

here's a random shot.

echi.jpg

and the classic 'HC pearling' shot

hc-1.jpg

Me too! Or a macro of any plant pearling for that matter. There is something magic about it.

Mark

Not been on much latley and this one had passed by without me seeing it, Cracking little tank and good plant selections.

could you share how you are dosing it at the moment?

Andy

And this one goes in the back of your car to Holland ? :D

Maurits said:
And this one goes in the back of your car to Holland ?

it is Maurits...Thats if i'm not clumsy and drop it or something :D

A couple of things to report. I've made a few mistakes with this tank :oops:

I did think the echinodorus would suit this tank...how wrong a man can be. George did warn me.

It simply grows too fast and produces, relatively, huge leaves. You can see them in this shot.

rip-down.jpg

Hc did struggle a little, but made a turn around over the last few days. HM, rotala and grass doing good to.

Anyway, instead of messing around with the whole set up...especially with ADA malaya, i thought it easier to start again. From start to finish, i rescaped and planted in 1 hour.

I've gone for a gumi, amano style, with grass, a couple of stems and a few other things to be added after crimbo, or possibly tomorrow...if i'm in luck.

The rock layout is with just 2 stones.

This should be far easier to maintain.

15l-nano.jpg

Re: my vivarium show nano. rescaped.

yeah,a lot better ;) .

that lasted just over 2 weeks :lol: .

Much much much better than the last one!! Just thinking though, could it be made a little less flat? If you've got another tiny rock to put at the front in line with the taller stems, and maybe accented or outlined almost with some moss? Just my thoughts, but it's a huge improvement as it :)

Great work mate. I'm assuming, regarding Tom's comment about it being a little that this will help it travel a little better and suffer from less movement/slippage :)

Thanks guys.

Tom, Good spot. There's one or 2 more details to go in yet, it's running as it is to get the ball rolling so to speak. :thumbup:

I'm much more at ease with this tank with regards to maintenance.

Back