• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My LFS visit - Uncle Hoa

AnhBui

I come to visit Hoa for new plants. Hoa is a member of the first group of hobbyists in the city. Despite the age of nearly 70, he still looks sharp and is fast. I don't have an exactly numbers of year he's been in this business yet, but I guess it might be more than 20 years

This is a small shop, around 40 square meters, located in Yen Phu village, Tay Ho district. Its facade faces West Lake. In order to go there I have to go through the city from the North to the South.

If you are a fan of planted tanks and you wish to see large, impressive tanks at any LFS you visit. Well, you might be very disappointed here. There is no display tank. It has just plants and plants only. And they are everywhere from ground to tanks. You wish to see fancy fishes and special fauna there? Well, no and no. It has only guppies and red ramshorn

33990927861_5550bbfc20_b.jpg

33990929571_faee94faf2_b.jpg

33990930571_6cc84e0d4b_b.jpg

I think I would spend no more than 10 minutes to have what I want.

33990932901_c3e2895bc7_b.jpg

33990934831_e26989988f_b.jpg

But his stories and knowledge keep me staying for another hour

So is there any reason this shop still exists? It is where you come for plants and knowledge exchange

He he .......look suspiciously like my "fish-room" at home. In my case, only fauna is angel-fish (hundreds of angelfish) and ramshorn, though ;).
- nice to know such places really still exist.........and passing on of knowledge is performed :thumbup: .

Back