• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My version of A diy spray bar on the cheap

Samjpikey

Hi guys ,
To night I decided I want to add more flow to my tank to see if I can drive the ph lower without increasing the co2 injection rate.

I am only getting a ph drop of .6 after 3 hours of injection.

I have a 800 PLH power head and I wanted to make a spray bar so this is what I came up with , cost very cheap and looks a lot better then my non diy spray bar .
People may not like it but I think it's brilliant .

I had some clear 13mm flexible pipe amongst my aladdins cave of aqurium gear, you can get this for 50p per meter from any diy shop

PxpSkp4.jpg

As you can see is not very straight hahha so I had some off cuts of plastic/ wood and made a channel for the pipe to fit into to help keep it straight. Anything can be used for this.

gDsykUL.jpg

I then poured boiling water down over the pipe to mold it straight , then I poured cold water over it and left in for 10 mins ( i had some food)

As you can see now I have a nice straight pipe :)
BDxL8Uv.jpg

I then placed it back into the channel and marked on the wood the distance of each hole .
2mm holes drilled every 30mm , then carefully drilled the holes avoiding going through the other side.
zTPDciY.jpg

I attached all the suction cups, I had some Spare but I think I got 20 for 99pence (fleabay)
wEq9zAz.jpg

I washed it out and took a bung off a black spray bar and pushed that into the end, but anything can be used for this .
fnl0OSe.jpg

Now it's in the tank and looks better then my main spray bar :)

gtdDvuX.jpg

I didn't plan this I just made it up as I went along and thought I would share ,

So I think for less then a £1 you have a full length spray bar that works and looks like a professional made one IMO :)

Cheers

I don't know how long it will last etc but it looks fine and works brilliantly , and is very cheap .
For a quick fix or flow adjustments etc the idea is there :)
Hopefully for me i will see a difference .
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That's pretty decent mate!
Look forward to hearing if u get that extra drop!

That's pretty decent mate!
Look forward to hearing if u get that extra drop!

I did see an extra .1 of a drop , I know it's not massive but it's an improvement , but it also made the ph drop quicker .
But as we all know its also about flow/ turnover for nutrients etc so hopefully now I've covered my back
Cheers

Heres a quick vid of my spray bar in action ,

The top one is my main filter and as you can see that's pointing down (maybe to much. ) and my DIY spray bar is below .
It's runs from a 800 LPH power head :)
It's really effective I think
Cheers

I do like this:) hope you don't mind I may use your idea in my 30l when I set it up as plan on using an eheim aquaball 60 but will want a full length spray bar, part of the enjoyment for me is having a go at diy parts so I'll keep this in mind for a few weeks time once my filter arrives:)
Hope this is ok ta

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 4

Out of interest is this diy jobby still going strong? Thinking of doing this to my tank it seems highly desireable!

Back