• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My venture into my new 760 ltr planted tank .

A few quick pictures.

Its still just a mixture of plants of which I am slowly learning about.
Don't seem to have any problems. I have a lot of pleasure sitting watching this mini world existing.

SG1L2838Medium.jpg

SG1L2839Medium.jpg

SG1L2845Medium.jpg

Simon

Well its all a bit of a mismatch of plants and planting. That suits me really as I could not spend the time looking after a scape. I like the wild ,see what happens look. I have bought some plants from a couple of guys on here clearing out there tanks along with a mix of 50 or so fish.

It takes me about 40 mins to an hour a week on it. I get no algae problems. It sort of just looks after its self as long as I feed the plants and fish. Once a month I clean the prefilters in the sump, that takes all of ten to 15 mins
The water change system still works perfectly along with the dosing pumps feeding the plants. I have had a couple of timmers that did not want to keep time but changing them for different ones fixed that. The 45kg of Co2 is ok . Just about to change it for a full one again. All in all I am happy.
Next year might see a bit of a change in planting once I come up with a few ideas. Mainly though I like seeing whats there developing.

Simon

Yeah, this is totally my type of tank and planting scheme which I had a lot of fun helping plan. I like the tweaks and additions you've made too, and overall, I'm so happy its come out this good for you mate :)

Please keep us updated :thumbup:

I am enjoying seeing this tank develop. Myabe I have missed this in the journal but what species of fish and ivertabrates do you have in this huge setup?

You have a huge scope for fish selection so was just wondering if I have missed it.

Top work so far.

awesome tank. ive always dreamt of having an indoor heated pond in my conservatory, your efforts were fantastic - i'm very jealous!!

Hi Simon,i have just finished reading this journal from start to present,i cant imagine what this looks like in the flesh,

very well done to you,it looks awesome,
regards,
john.

Anyone is always welcome. The kettle is always on.
Trying to borrow a Video camera at the moment.

Simon

Back