• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

pintainho21

Seedling
Hi guys,
i´ve been reading ukaps for a time but never posted nothing before.
I'm Portuguese and for my surprise i found many here (Olá a todos)

Since i´ve "finished" (really?) a recent setup i´d thought to post it here hopping to get some feedback.

So here it is My Small Piece of Nature setup almost finished:

Just a small image for now.
13691453764_5ed5394210_z.jpg

Specs -

Tank - custom-build 60x35x30cm
Lighting - 4 x 24w T5HO lamps (only 2 used for 7 hours)
Filter - Eheim 2213
CO2 - diy
Substrate - Jbl Aquabasis with black 2mm sand
Ferts - Diy E.I
Plants - Eleocharis Parvula; Hemianthus micranthemoides; Hydrocotyle sp."Japan" (tripartita); Vesicularia dubyana; Echinodorus bleheri (maybe will go out)
Hardscape - spider wood

livestock
20 Boraras Urophthalmoides
10 Neocaridina heteropoda var. Rili
10 Paracheirodon innesi

Thanks for watching

Last edited:
Bem vindos ao UKAPS :) the Portuguese are famous for their exploring so its not a surprise there are many over here ;)

Looking great so far, not sure about the DIY CO2 setup, how you making your mixture?

I do the mixture using the gelatin recipe. Just prepare the normal gelatin and after its solid i join the yeast and litle water. It is running for almost 3 weeks. For diffusing i use a cigar filter inside the tube wich makes realy small bubles.
Abraco

29 day update:
added pressurized co2 and removed echinodorus, general pruning over hemianthus and moss.

Last edited:
Maybe you can try to cut a line in the plastic grid (the one that we can see).
Much better the lily pipe! You're using just glass in the inflow?
Cabomba is not very dense, do you think is the light or fertilization?
P. Helferi looks great!
Thank is very nice!:)
cheers
hi there, cabomba was very dense, a lot! but i wanted to get space for the heather and in that kind of plants after some while i normally do a hard prune (next to the root) and replant only the best tops, that allows me to renew the plant and improve the circulation.
Two or more weeks it will be dense again since it has to be pruned every week.
I´m using just the inflow since i didn´t like the surface agitation (almost none) with the outflow and prefer not to take any risks on that.
Concerning to the visible net, i took care of that already adding more sand to the front, it is ok now and ill try to put a picture later.
Thanks for the comment ;)

Back