• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My rekord 120, vivarium and aquaqube 40 from holland

Gh0st

Hello all,

i am mark from the netherlands and got introduced to ukaps on the vivarium fair over here, where Graeme, Stu and Dan? showed some great scapes!

Here are some picture of my old rekord 120
as you can see i changed scapes a lot with this tank, due to the small depth of this tank, i used a slimline background and cut out a piece of it and placed a mirror behind it, it gives a lot of depth in the tank.

DSC03028.jpg

4d84de94.jpg

DSC02560.jpg

DSC02562.jpg

DSC02565.jpg

this is my vivarium i have in the livingroom ( 110x80x60cm ) ( won 3rd price in vivariumcontest last weekend )

14032010098.jpg

08032010077.jpg

22012010074.jpg

and the aquaqube 40 i won at the vivarium fair, just planted it yesterday. this will be my new project for the upcomming months
i used florabase soil, a nice piece of ada wood , javafern at the back HM at the front and 2 other plants i don't know the name of yet in the left and right back corners.

29032010159.jpg

tell me what you guys think of these tanks :)

i have some creatures in it ;)

there are 3 dendrobates leucomelas
10032010090.jpg

3 phyllobates bicolor
08032010081.jpg

and 2 anolis carolinensis
29032010155.jpg

Lovely pics. I have a friend who is wanting me to try a vivarium and take on his stock of rare frogs.

It is very tempting. Keep up the good work :)

Can you give us some tech specs and detail shots of the workings of your viv, how do you keep it humid with an open front? I Really like the open front look the only thing that's stopped me setting one up is condensation on the front of the tank.

@garuf
the front isn't always open, just for the photo's ;) ( you can see the glass panel on the floor in the picture.
to get rid of the condensation there are 3 vent strips in the tank
1 at the lower front, right where the glasspanel should go.
2 at the top 1 in front and 1 in the back. this gives a good air circulation and condensation is gone after 1 or 2 hours after the lights turn on. ) works kinda like the blower in your car to clean your windshield, but without the blower ;)

Hi Mark.

Great to see your work on Ukaps. It was pleasure to meet you.

We all love your vivarium Mark. It would be worth posting more pictures and info on the plants you are growing. Plants get us far to excited over here.

Cheers.

tnx Graeme :)
will post some pics of the viv soon, in the meantime i will bore you guys with the qube :)

replaced the stones and replaced and added some plants. added 10 galaxys (very nice fish for a small tank ) :)
02042010226.jpg

been adding bio co2 since a few days, plants are doing very well :) the flame moss is starting to grow and the HC also grows and stays low so far.
qube08-04.jpg

rearranged the tank a little to give it more flow
qube14-04.jpg

all plants are doing great as well as the galaxys :)

Back