• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My real ADA 60pxd, Scapers tank 55 and UNS60f hobby return.

FE84322C-291B-4642-8375-B218E07D7078.jpeg

This one is looking very sad at the moment, I broke the hardscape (againšŸ˜©) trying to get out the bolbitis to thin it all out.

Iā€™m torn, I love the scape but I donā€™t love that the foreground is so close the the glass.

If I do rescape it will be another classic nature aquarium with bold wood. But ahhhhhhhh.
Iā€™d like to do another planting that will change the scape character again before I do a total rescape if I can get enough zip ties in there to get it stiff again.

Feel free to throw in your suggestions! Iā€™m all ears, nothing will happen until the scapers tank is stable and I can move the livestock over.

Okay I take it all back. Caught the left hand wood while trying to hoover the substrate to replant the e hydropiper and the woodwork just collapsed on me so a more comprehensive rescape is on the horizonšŸ˜©

Attachments

• 05FD1960-1B00-4359-A703-E29F93C36E3A.jpeg
    05FD1960-1B00-4359-A703-E29F93C36E3A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 135
Life is suppose, Itā€™s not all loss, Iā€™ll recycle all the scape material and do another ryoboku but as the new tank is very stem heavy and will be pretty dark feeling this one should be open and light so I think I will replant with fine leaved and tape like plants while also fixing the nagging annoyance of having hardscape too close the the front pane.

Hi all,

I was just going to say how lovely it looked.

cheers Darrel
Thanks Darrel.

Mature bolbitis is just one of those plants that makes a scape sing.

So The next scape will be more of the same, if Iā€™m honest with myself, I donā€™t have the heart to move onto an iwagumi like I had planned.

And I mean, stems are nice nā€™allā€™tha but I want to try grass leavers , grassious, grassiform, gramminifoliaed? Plants

Hi all,

<"I love Bolbitis heudelotti">, it is the ultimate low maintenance plant for me, it grows in the darkest places, it never has any algae on it and it always look pristine.

cheers Darrel
You know something, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen bolbitis with algae on it. šŸ¤”
Poorly sickly bolbitis, yes, but algae, Iā€™m drawing a blank.

Not much to report for this weekend, diatoms, thread and spiro algae have shown up in the scapers tank. Got and planted the p erectus and m Guyana, I expect they will be visible in about a month. Tiny bit of melting on the buces. Tank isnā€™t ready for the algae eaters yet so I just have to watch it go through the ugly phase and hope that the spiro doesnā€™t become or isnā€™t mis identified clado which can be a real nightmare to get rid of.

The farm is very bare after having all the plants stolen from them for the scapers tank, as is the 45p, until I can rehome the livestock in the scapers tank this tank too I have to just leave it looking ugly until it can be pulled apart to rescape. I say rescape, the sadness, regret (?) at breaking this scape has convinced me that another go at a ryoboku reusing the woodwork and finally getting it clumsy owner proof and also getting the woodwork away from the glass is the correct course of action.

Filter clean tomorrow, Sunday laziness left it too late.
image.jpg

A question for the woodworkers.
My stands are made from 15mm thick pine and plywood and are 77cm wide, what would best practice be for putting a door on? Also how do I ensure the door wonā€™t amplify the filter hum?

Hey up mate, looks good!

Looks like we are both back šŸ™ŒšŸ»
Send me a pm, I just saw your thread. Iā€™ve a Ā£40 gift voucher to aqua essentials with your name on it.

Back