• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Hi steveno,
really like the rock layout and plant choice, you've achieved a great sense of scale and a very nice looking scape :thumbup:

Thanks Ady :), the scape has moved since that pic, i have cut down the echinodorus (the high flow was both pulling the plant out of substrate and bending the leafs so much that they snapped :(), so recently planted some pearl grass to the back of tank at each corner, which should hopefully will get full and bushy so i can shape. I have also added a large shoal of cardinal tetras (30) which is prob overstocking, but with twinstar adding nano bubble I've not notice any fish needing to go to surface or grasping. The twinstar has also resolved my algae below my substrate issue. I will hopefully upload some current pics on the week end.

Looks good mate, makes me wish I'd gone for a hardscape like that! I'm getting myself a twinstar and a rescape for christmas. :)

Looks good mate, makes me wish I'd gone for a hardscape like that! I'm getting myself a twinstar and a rescape for christmas. :)

Thxs James, since installing the twinstar maintenance has become a breeze :D. Looking for to reading about your rescape, will you be doing another Iwagumi?

Some update photos taken a few minutes...

BRU4NGD.jpg
UQNd7yO.jpg
aufLpPG.jpg

As you can see the HC is still filling out, but got some really good depth in places. The pearl grass was only planted a a week ago so will take some time to fill out, I'm going to be replanting cuttings to increase density. :)

That's looking even better now it's filled in, really nice SteveO! :clap:

Thxs James, since installing the twinstar maintenance has become a breeze :D. Looking for to reading about your rescape, will you be doing another Iwagumi?

So far my only plans are for more rocks and more height, hopefully more like a canyon or 'mountain-scape' (but definately not a diorama). :) That's why I'm after a Twinstar - less toothbrushing on the rocks.

I'm gonna tell you exactly what this scape is

PUKKA.

Thanks fro teh positive comments chaps...:) Although cant take all teh credit, the advise i have received here has been invaulable, also the twinstar has made it alot easier as well.

That's looking even better now it's filled in, really nice SteveO! :clap:

So far my only plans are for more rocks and more height, hopefully more like a canyon or 'mountain-scape' (but definately not a diorama). :) That's why I'm after a Twinstar - less toothbrushing on the rocks.

James if you haven't already order you twinsatr, Freashwater shrimp are selling for £120, in stock, take while it hot! when i oreder mine it arrive the following day!

So you are evidently impressed with the Twinstar, seems I'm left no alternative but to take the plunge and get three of them for my jumbo and some damn spare diffusers for 14 months time, there goes the Xmas budget :arghh:

So you are evidently impressed with the Twinstar, seems I'm left no alternative but to take the plunge and get three of them for my jumbo and some damn spare diffusers for 14 months time, there goes the Xmas budget :arghh:

Most certainly am, it really made it easy if me... I get them while their going cheaply, I paid £160 for mine... Diffuse are available yet, but you can pro-long life of diffuse if you clean regularly.

Superb layout,simple but so effective. The growth in 2 months is really impressive. Well done indeed:clap:
Might have a look at the twinstar as well
Cheers
Martin

Hello All,

I bit of a update, tank is running along nicely, my 'cuba' carpet is pretty fully filled out now, as has the star moss which is growing like crazy. It need cutting down weekly.The echinodorus at the back has also grown back as well! Also just before xmas i replace my glass intake pipe with another one that has a skimmer, it has working a treat... no more greasy film!:p

Maintenance is still pretty easy as well, aside from trimming the plants which can take a while to do as can removing cuttings, just a quick once over on glass and 30% water change.:)

Here some quick pics i have just taken.

SasfJcb.jpg
2w2IgkR.jpg
VEXMJjd.jpg

To be honest i am now getting the itch to try some new, but am lacking in funds to do so :p, but i do have a almost unused bag of sand and am considering adding to scape, perhaps to the front corner? Any suggestions how i should go about doing would gratefully received:D

Cheers Guys!

Back