• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My old scape

foxfish

I have found a few pictures of my tank as it was set up in 2001.
Unfortunately I cant find any of the mature tank but, theses pics show the first few months.
I still have the tank & sump running to this day however the tank has moved location across the living room.
For some reason I had it in my head that I should not fill the tank completely but in fact fill it over a few week period. :?
Also note how I set up the sump with a plenum set on sintered glass & 4'' covering of coarse gravel - apparently this doesn't work in fresh water although it is still running without ever being touched for 10 years!
Also note the 250 w metal halide light, i used the light for about 4 years for 6 hours a day but, then switched to t8s & then t5s. I did still however keep the halide running for a 1 hour bust every day.
39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

37.jpg

42.jpg

36.jpg

34.jpg

33.jpg

35.jpg

Just standard polyurethane spray can foam, I have since imported some black foam from the states & that works better in the fact that it is far less noticeable.
The pebbles are beach pebbles, I collected them from my local beach (I live right on the coast)
The tank looked great as a room divider but I never quite trusted the location as the surface water would move if some one heavy walked past it! We live in an old house with plenty of wood beams but also wood floors.
The other problem was with the MT light, my house looked like a space ship had landed inside the lounge, you could see the light through the curtains as I drove down the road LOL.

ahhh! So this is your tank. I remember seeing it on another forum a while back and it stuck in my mind as it is very original :)

Back