• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My New Project 'Celestial Rapture'

GreenNeedle

A bit of a camp name but I'll go with it for now. lol

This will be the 35Ltr Nano I have been planning since October last year.

I was trying to do the whole project for under £150 including tank, all equipment, plant and livestock! but am finding it quite hard so I am revising my budget to £175

So far I have the following:

Tank
ArcTank 35Ltr (40cm x 28cm x 30cm) inc ArcPod £50 (I will sell thefilter on through ebay to retreive some money)

Filter
Eden copy off ebay £20 + Glass 9mm in/out pipes off ebay £22

Heater
Was looking into using a reptile mat coupled with a thermostat controller but at £50+ this idea may have to go in favour of a standard heater.

Substrate
I will be using ADA AS amazonia but to keep the cost down I shall be buying a 3Ltr bag and mixing half of it with fine gravel to use at the bottom and then use the pure half on top. This brings the cost down to £13 for the ADA and pennies for the gravel from a garden centre.
Under this I shall be using Leonardite that I already have and of course mulm underneath that.

Hardscape
Looking for a nice piece of wood to fit for under £15

Plants
Anubias Barteri 'Petite' - £0 (I already have in my 33USG)
Xmas moss - £0 (As above)
Needle Leaf Java Fern - £0 (as above)
Cryptocoryne Parva - £5 Tropica
Glosso - £5 Tropica

Fish
Celestial Rasbora (Galaxy Danios. lol) x 10
Pygmy Cory x 10
Waiting for Monty @ Tri-mar to quote me as I am also after some more Cardinals to top up my 33USG. Should be about £45ish.

So there we have it. I am aiming to get this lot bought in June/July and planted up. The fish will be bought and go in a month later.

Any ideas on reducing costs here (other than using the standard hoses of filters or using soil etc. lol)

Andy

I am thinking 2 myself but we will see. Maybe just carpet with the parva first and then see where to go from there.

Andy

You could consider Marsilea sp as a Glosso substitute. I`ve only ever grown it in high light which does keep it nice and low, but it can get a little leggy where it starts intruding under stems etc. It does have lower light requirements than Glosso, though.

Cryptocoryne parva is a nice plant. (my first ever Crypt.) I have just planted some in my new 60cm rescape, which I intend to give an even camper name than your tank.

Dave.

I will have to look around. I've seen it in P@H but they never put a price on it!!

Andy

Andy, when you get your nano set up get a hydor areo 1 I just road tested one briefly on my tank, silent and the bubbles are a 1/2 the size of normal diffuser bubbles, only thing is its damn unsightly.

Back