• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My new Corydoras trilineatus

Ben M

hi, i've just bought 4 C. trilineatus! they only had 4 in the shop, so next time they have some i'll get 2 more.

Pics:

005.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

th_021.jpg

What do you think?

cheers :D

A very pretty fish, is he/she alone? They're a shoaling fish by nature often occuring in the hundreds with many mimic species.

Love all corys. Especially their mad courtship tank cleaning. Yours are a pretty species

hi, i've got 4 ATM, as they only had 4. but when they get some more i'll get another 2 and hopefully breed them! i've just realised that all of the pics are of the same one. :oops: they're settling in really well, and already sifting through the sand. i did consider getting the bronze corys, because they are a lot cheaper, but i much prefer the trilineatus, it was worth the £5 each.

I said I was going to get some corys to my gf and her first question was how much, I said about a tenner each and she pulled such a face. I'm very envious, such pretty fish.

yes, some are really expensive aren't they. i'm really surprised that my mum has let me buy them. even though it's my money she won't normally let me spend much on fish. i saw a beautiful royal pleco about 6" for £40, but i wasn't allowed it. :( i think corys are my favourite species of fish, definitely worth the extra money. :thumbup: even my dad likes them, and he isn't normally interested in fish. i think the biggest mistake was getting 12 kuhli loaches. my mum is terrified of worms...

haha. Have you got a bigger tank now? I noticed you had a overstoked thread.
I love cories, always have, my dad and uncle both bred them, my dad always had the albinos though, I never liked them, red eyed animals creep me out.

hi, i don't have a bigger tank, but i do more water changes now, and i've given my brother a lot of my fish. i know what you mean about the albinos, i'm not too keen on them.

hi, i've got some more pics. do you think i'm getting better at taking the pics? i'm not sure about the quality.

0052.jpg

0102.jpg

they seem happier now, hoave you noticed how their fins are no longer clamped.
i have 6 and mine love pre soaked tetra prima. and live bloodworm goes down a treat.

hi, yes i noticed that their fins aren't clamped now, so they must be happy. :thumbup: i feed mine live earthworms, is that as good as blood worms? i also feed them algae wafers and tetra tabimin sinking tablets. they seem to eat a lot of flake food as well, so they're getting a varied diet, which i'm hoping is good for them. i'm going to get another 2, to bring the numbers up to 6, and then hopefully breed them.

Back