• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My litlle 250L garden.

Hi guys.

up-date.

dsc0757t.jpg

By thomasbham at 2010-08-08

dsc0760.jpg

By thomasbham at 2010-08-08

hi again mate, love the tank, i can see them shrimps been very happy in there.
i gave you small ones as they dont have a long lifespan and giving you older ones would have been a waste unless they have another batch of babies lol.
if you ever need anymore in the future let me know ;)

As you noticed I had to put your shrimps to small plastic box:)
I am going to set up separate little tank for them tomorrow, and let then grow up safely.

Oh Jezz, what a terrible mess :woot: ;) .
Some people could kill for mess like yours :lol: .
Don't you have a scissors or what :?: :lol:

spider72 said:
Oh Jezz, what a terrible mess :woot: ;) .
Some people could kill for mess like yours :lol: .
Don't you have a scissors or what :?: :lol:

This is partly your fault Spider72 ;)
Since you helped me with fertilization, now I need to trim the plants every week ;) :D

Hi there

I've got some Blyxa japonixa 1 bush= 2f
Hemianthus micranthemoides about 5inches ball=3f
kuba=free
All plants have been trimmed yesterday, so hurry...
I prefer collection in person (Birmingham). I can post it but I can't guarantee that they won't rot.

all sold.

I have got same blyxa left.
If anybody want it, I'll give it for free.
Collection in person (B'ham)
Please answer quickly on priv.

Hi All
Over one year has gone, since my last post.
In that time i moved and unfortunately I have got different water supplier (South staffs water).
My tap water is really awful.It has Gh 9 (german) and alot NO3 over 20mg/l all this cause my problems.

Mainly I have got problem with P.stellatus which burn apicals roughly every week, also their bottom old leaves gets holes and disintegrate. The same thing with leaves has Nymphaea lotus.
Other plants grow ok, not perfectly but acceptably for me.
(Photos below)

My second problem is algae issue, algae’s grow everywhere specially on anubias leaves.

Have anybody of you guys had any problem like that?
Do any of you maybe live in Black Country in West Midlands and possibly has the same water supplier?

TANK
cale9122012.th.jpg

ALGAE
krasnorosty9122012.th.jpg

HOLES IN THE LEAVES

P. STELLATUS APICALS

LOTUS

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Water parameters:
230L (net)
Temp. 25-26C
Ph 6,5
Gh 9
Kh 8
No3 20 (from tap water only)
Light 4x39W t5 (8 hours)
Water change 50% weekly.

Fertilizers dosage:
K= 7grams /week
Mg= 10grams/week
P= 0.1gram/week
Co2=max
Micro (up to 0.5mg/l Fe)

I'm in Rugeley and also supplied by S.S.W. I've not done any tests on it except for GH/KH. It was one of those 2 in 1 kits where you add reagent and follow colour changes. I gave up after 25 drops and not reaching the 2nd result.

Holes in older leaves are often down to co2 problems, so more co2, better flow or less light.

spyder said:
I'm in Rugeley and also supplied by S.S.W. I've not done any tests on it except for GH/KH. It was one of those 2 in 1 kits where you add reagent and follow colour changes. I gave up after 25 drops and not reaching the 2nd result.

Holes in older leaves are often down to co2 problems, so more co2, better flow or less light.

I haven't done any test I've just checked water parameters on their website. Have a look at it:
http://www.south-staffs-water.co.uk/you ... eports.asp
There should be your Town as well.

I have got 2 external filter with 700l/h rate, so I thing my water flow is ok, the same with CO2 level seem to me very high

I don’t know what to do now; I have never had any problems like this.

I have trimmed plants today, cleaned tank and changed over 50% of water.
I put 1kg of turf to my filter to try bring Kh level down.
I added only 7grams K2SO4 and 5grams of MgSO4 7H2O, it should make about 12ppm K and under 5ppm Mg in the tank.

PS.
i HAVE GOT FULL BAG OF BLYXA JAPONICA. ANYBODY INTERESTED???? IT IS FREE!

Hi Guys, I haven't done any update for a while...
imag0200qi.jpg

Since I moved to new house I have a different water supplier and new problems. I have epidemic of green dust algae, green spot algae, Oedogonium and some black spotty ones on anubias. Also Blyxa japonica roots are a bit rotten and end of leaves.
Lotus leaves looks bad, see on the picture.
I have tried different dosage of macro and didn't help. Currently trying high dose of K (12grams K2SO4) whic gives me 25ppm in tank

imag0205m.jpg

imag0204dn.jpg

imag0203cc.jpg

imag0201v.jpg

I have tried different dosage of macro and didn't help. Currently trying high dose of K (12grams K2SO4) whic gives me 25ppm in tank

I'm planning to make restart in weekend fresh gravel some redmoor wood and dragon rock :)

Back