• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My friend bought a tank ?

Greenfinger2

Hi All, My friend brought a tank :)
But did not like the stones and the plastic plant that it came with :eek: I don't blame them ;)
They have seen my Aquascapes at home :cool: So asked me to set there tank for them. Over a cup of coffee i found out they liked the slate scape i did on a tin lid :) They did not want something to big. So i kept it KIS and did a smal simple planting Java fern-- crypt pava-- moss with a touch of HC Cuba ;) We will see how the HC does ? can always change it. Have seeded there filter with some sponge from my filter plus they have a bottle of bacteria " I forgot the name " So the tank should cycle in about 6 weeks ;)
Then they want some Endler guppy's 5--7 and a couple of shrimp :cool: Some photos[DOUBLEPOST=1406732672][/DOUBLEPOST]00_zps2ddccd51.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1406732712][/DOUBLEPOST]01_zpsaed1fafd.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1406732754][/DOUBLEPOST]02_zpsa9e3c0c4.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1406732804][/DOUBLEPOST]03_zpsbe36da57.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1406732894][/DOUBLEPOST]04_zpsd8f5b135.jpg

"Ho they like it" Will be adding a blue background soon :)

Hi Liam, Welcome to UKAPS:) Thank you :) I am thinking of getting this size tank:D Well its a great size to muck about with a hone your Aquascaping skills :playful: Give it a go;) And post some photos i would love to see what you come up with:)[DOUBLEPOST=1406816461][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi Sciencefiction, Thank you :)

Thankyou my first one is over on the introduction page still no where near the qaulity of yours lol

I know I said it before but I really love the hardscape in this tank. Is that algae on the slates? If so I really love the aged look that it gives, don't get rid of it. A very nice minimalistic look.
Hi Michael, Thank you :thumbup: And it is indeed algae:) I agree it gives the slate an aged look.My friend loves the look so is going to keep the algae :D They have done a great job of looking after this little one :cool:

Hi All,Update my friends want to get a larger tank :) Well they have done a good job of looking after this little one its now 18 months old.
There keeping this one running till the new tank has fully cycled.I will update when they have brought the new tank.

Ho they like the algae on the slate They watch there shrimp graze on it :)
One photo

43743dca-cb6f-4feb-bee7-c66afe6bad60_zpsihxlgsbg.jpg

Hi Roy, nice to see how it developed in 18 months, low tech. It aged very pretty... :) Especialy the Parva, did spreat out pretty nice..
I see in my high tech it grows much more narrower leaves.

Which are those 2 yellowish (crypts) in the back and front??

Hi Roy, nice to see how it developed in 18 months, low tech. It aged very pretty... :) Especialy the Parva, did spreat out pretty nice..
I see in my high tech it grows much more narrower leaves.

Which are those 2 yellowish (crypts) in the back and front??

Hi Marcel,Its looking good for 18 months. Its Crypt Wendtii brown.Sorry Its my bad Photography:D
My Crypt parva has narrower leaves too and it grows taller.

I will let them know you like it :thumbup:

Back