• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Freshwater Reef

Hi Darrel....Since reading Zozo's previous reply I've been googling eich. diversifolia and eich. azurea and cannot decide which of the two plants it is. With regard to its size what I can't understand is that the plant came as a culture in vitro and several other cuttings from the same culture have all stayed mini-size in the tank (as you can see from previous pics/videos on this thread).....yet this one has grown into a behemoth.
https://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Plants/Eichhornia.html

I've been googling eich. diversifolia and eich. azurea and cannot decide which of the two plants it is.

Look closely at the crown of the plant, i do not know the proper botanical terms in English.

But diversifilia grows leaves overlapping around its stem axis. Like it spirals up..
Eichhornia-diversifolia.jpg

Azurea only laterally..
eichornia_azurea.png

:)

Hi Marcel, I just took a quick iPhone snap from the top of the tank.....based on what you said I'm 99% certain its eich div.
tank-110218.jpg

Ref the patchiness on some of the surface leaves, I'm reluctant to add more ferts because my EC levels are going through the roof
tank-EC-110218.jpg

Got nice surprise this morning when I peeked through the foliage and saw that my Rams have been busy .... now that I have taken the bigger fish out there may be a slight chance some of the fry will survive
:)
tank-ram-eggs-110218.jpg

My plants have taken a real hammering these last few days. I have the lights on at night to prevent predators getting at these little guys (terrible autofocus on iPhone btw)

Back