• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My fish jungle

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
Hi Alessandro and welcome to UKAPS!

You can certainly grow healthy plants very well and algae-free - congratulations!

lilla said:
- I recently got hold of some Tropica Plant Nutrition + and EasyCarbo: what regime do you suggest I start with? I am more interested in maintaining the tank algae free (as it's been for the last couple of weeks actuallly)for as long as possible and in the safety of my indefatigable invertebrate workers than in achieving massive growth...
- Should I get rid of the activate carbon?

3ml Tropica+ per day and 3ml EasyCarbo per day is a good starting point.

There is no need to get rid of the carbon in the filter. It will convert to biological filtration. Whenever I have used the Juwel sponges I never replaced any in over 3 years - I just clean them alternately every month or so.

If and when you wish to re-aquascape the tank then consider using smaller leaved plants, especially towards the front of the tank.

Keep up the good work!

that's impressive keeping good flow with that dense planting looks good well done

Great tank. I bet your fish feel very confident and happy in such a densely planted tank, especially as its not been arranged in away that would leave them out in the open if the ventured towards the centre of the tank unlike most tanks which will cover the back and sides of the tank only. :)

Don't take my advice on this but I don't see why you need to ad any liquid carbon and TPN+ when what your already doing seems to work perfectly.

lilla said:
Salad for breakfast today!

saladh.jpg

Thanks for the comments!

Alessandro

mmmm that looks tasty! not only do you have nice healthy plants i can see you still play vinyl too :thumbup:

This looks really good. I am also in Brighton. Where do go for your plants and fish etc? Cheers,

Daniel

Back