• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First Planted Tank

Bahrah

0425apr2011003copy.jpg

A picture of my first attempt at a Planted Tank 3 months after initial set up.

Very nice, Plants look very healthy!

Good job mate, looks healthy enough...... got to love the jungle look :)

toadass said:
...... got to love the jungle look :)

Have to agree, I love the jungle look - u just know the livestock are going to thank you for it :)

Great colour and healthy apperance - really nice effort

Many thanks to the above posters for their kind & positive posts,

Cheers :D

Wow love it mate. Any pictures of when the plants were planted like before and after pictures?
Also wondering if you could tell me what the plant is in the middle front of the tank?

1stgolf said:
Wow love it mate. Any pictures of when the plants were planted like before and after pictures?
Also wondering if you could tell me what the plant is in the middle front of the tank?

Hello1stgolf gland you like it!!.

The plant in the middle front is Echinodorus "Red Diamond"

I'll upload some of the early photographs shortly.

spyder said:
This is the look I like. :thumbup: Lush and vibrant.

I think I spot a Juwel internal filter. Could you you give some details for the tank please?

Great tank. Well done.

Hello Spyder,

Damm!! I was trying to hide that filter behind the Echinodorus Bleheri. :(

Tank Set up details are as follows: -

Tank Type: Juwel Rio 240
Measurements: 121 x 41 x 55cm
Volume: 240 litres
Lighting: Juwel T5 High-Light Unit, 2 x 54W 1047mm Tubes ( 1 x Day, 1 x Nature) Lighting on 8 hours daily
Heater: 1 x 200 W,Water Temperature 25 deg C (77 deg F)
Filter: Internal Juwel Bioflow, Flowrate: 600 l/h
Co2 Gas
Fertilizers: Easy Carbo 10ml daily, ADA Green Brighty Step 1 10ml daily, ADA Brighty K 10ml daily, ADA ECA 42 Drops every 4 Weeks,ADA Green Gain 42 drops after major pruning.
Weekly Water Change: Re-mineralised RO Water 60 liters (Approximately 33% Volume)

Substrate: ADA Power Sand, ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia, ADA Nile Sand

Hard scape: Bog Wood, Dragon Stone

Flora:
Alternanthera Reineckii "Pink" (Roseafolia), Echinodorus Bleheri, Echinodorus "El Diablo", Echinodorus "Ozelot", Echinodorus Quadricostatus, Echinodorus "Red Diamond", Echinodorus Uruguayensis, Heteranthera Zosterifolia, Limnobium Laevigatum, Myriophyllum Mattogrossense, Sagittaria Subulata, Staurogyne Reopens.

Fauna: 6 x Blue Emperor Tetra (Impaichthys Kerri), 4 x Buenos Aires Tetras (Hyphessobrycon Anistsi), 5 x Black Widow Tetas (Gymnocorymbus Ternete), 3 x Silver Hatchet Fish (Gasteropelecus Sternicla), 1 x Marbled Hatchet Fish (Carnegiella Strigata Strigata), 4 x Zebra Otocinclus (Otocinclus Cocama), 5 x Panda Cory (Corydoras Panda),
Temporary Inhabitants: 4 x Siamese Algae-Eaters (Crossocheius Siamensis)

I think that about covers it!!!

1stgolf said:
photo0012n.jpg

Picture of Tank during cycling 30/01/2011

0206feb2011002.jpg

Getting impatient,planted a few cheap plants from one of the LFS. 06/02/2011

photo0044fi.jpg

A few more plants added purchased online, experimenting with the CO2, started adding liquid fertizers 09/02/2011

photo0053.jpg

Collected my main plant order from TGM now we are really off and running!! 12/02/2011

0327mar2011002.jpg

Tank after reorganization and addition of additional plants 27/03/2011

0405apr2011002.jpg

05/04/2011

Hi all,

Just a quick line to say that this tank has now been decommissioned and a completely new scape is currently a work in progress.

Bahrah

Back