• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My first ever planted tank and Tank alone!

chilled84

This is my first ever Aquarium and i choose to have a planted tank. I have jumped right in the deep end here with this one. I wanted to be brave. This is my first tank i have ever done. Its 2ft and a half long by jewell will exchanged filter stystem to an internal stystem by hydor. Its also has plant nutrition by tetra, Tetra optimat, Tetra complete substrate and crypto tabs. Fine gravel top substrate. Three dimensional backround made in fibreglass! NOT BY MYSELF! im not that gifted. lol. I have a varity of plants. Cant remember many names. lol. Amazon sword, pigmy swords in front with couple of other carpeting plants, HC on left to hopefully fill forground. I hope the hc grows. Many have failed in there. 3rd time lucky lol. Its two weeks old this tank and i hope im sucessfull with it and it all grows nicely. Hope u all like. Ps i think i have hair algau growing, its real fine and brown on leaves and pigmy plant in front. Hope you like and hello from me.

NEWBIE FROM ENGLAND. HELLO. AND THANKS FOR LOOKING! :D

1002040.th.jpg

Just read that article u sent, Seems i have staghorn! and possible oedogonium. Must be circulation. I pointed my exit pipe towards water surface to agitate it. Think ill turn it down to face the floor or side of tank later. Will that be enought to agitate top of thewater thou?

how much turn oner do you have (your filters L/hour) this should be 10x the volume of the tank IMO the juel internal filter isnt enough to supply this flow. if this is low then you could add a power head. HC loves CO2 how are you ahhing this to the tank. i have the same algae in my tank because a pipe came off my co2 system

I have writen a short article about building a FE CO2 system, http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7776

Im running an internal hydor r1011 cystal duoflow rate 800 (210 gph) And my tank is 80ltrs 2ft and a half by 1ft by 1ft.

And im useing a co2 optimat by tetra, Wich i fill two too three times a day.

i think its cos i have my filter pointing the jet up towards surface and not towards hc or the ground inside aquarium. I have the tetra optimat co2 right next to filter for the co2 to rise up into filter and spray out on exit.

I hanvt used this system, but unstable co2 will trigger algae in the tank. i would do exactley what you are going to do and supply the flow down towards the bottom on the aquairum you should be trying to set up a flow that can supply nutrients to all the plants in your tank. :D

all the instructions are on the side of the bottel i think it is 5 ml per 50l per week. it has been said it can effect shrimp but i use it and all my shrimp are healthy and hapily breeding away.

That would be good, is always nice to see peoples tanks on here!! I have a HC carpet as you might have seen, thanks for your nice comment i will be posting some more picks up later.

Back