• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My current tank!

801094858_90d69ca57a.jpg

Early days yet, getting things stable before I turn up the lighting. Excuse the scratching post on the tank :) cat loves it there!

This is the tank that Ive replaced the bottom of after an end to end break (previous owner) due to a badly made cabinet that Ive since repaired. I also made the lid.

1.7wpg (slowed down due to small algae issues)
full EI and CO2

What actual algae issues do you have with this tank, Matt? Any chance of a low down on how you are using the light to control the algae (this is something I have yet to master).

Dave.

hair algae, black brush a tiny bit (dying off now), bit of diatom, bit of gda in small places and a bit of green slime on surface plants.

I basically reduce lighting by about 1/4 which will slow the system down, but keep EI at full whack, do 70% water changes weekly, or if possible 50% x2 a week.

my issues are caused by small NH4 leeching from my new substrate, so by slowing the system down with light, the effects are much slower, allowing me to shift much more of the NH4 in water changes at once in relation to the damage its causing.

its basically like taking your foot off the throttle, so you can see the road more clearly.

Back