• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My aquarium plant are not growing, and start dying!

Ganymede

Seedling
Hello Guys !
I am a newbie at planted aquarium, I have built my tank for about 6 days alr, I have problem with plant health since at first most of my plant are green and healthy, but now they turn dark green and start dying ?, I planted my Christmas Moss as carpet My Christmas Moss turn into dark green color, I don't see any pearl appear for my carpet ( at first day, there are pearl) and some of my plant were dying aswell.
Can you help suggest what are the action step to do, or just let it sit for a while?

Some Event:
_on the second day after planted, my tank was bacteria bloom (white cloud)
_Water changed once on 5th day ( 3rd Nov 2020 )

My tank information:
Tank: Yuemei RT620, D: 33cm x 22cm x 20cm (4 gallon)
Filter: Built-in,
Light: Yuemei T8 LED R330, 4W
Compressed CO2: 1 bubble/second
Exposed to light: 8 Hours a day

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 7.46.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 7.46.28 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 390
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 7.46.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 7.46.41 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 169
Moss perling when initially planted is more likely to be air trapped in the moss, rather than pearling due to releasing oxygen. Similar effect when doing a big water change.
6 days... I think you need to leave longer. You'll get diatoms (a brown dusty algae) appearing for the first few weeks anyway, plus the plants need time to acclimate to being submersed.

Back