• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 60p soft water

plantnoobdude

rescape.....
IMG_2382.JPG

after one week (only 3 days lights on)

IMG_2404.JPG

kh:0-2
gh-10
ph>6
CO2:30-40ppm (lime green/yellow)

Ludwigia senegalensis will be arriving on wednesday. Highly recommend K2aqua on Ebay. tonina and ludwigia white is also from there.

plant list:
Limnophila Sessiliflora (to be removed)
Ammania Gracilis
Ludwigia Mini super red
Hygrophila Polysperma
Rotala rotundifolia
Rotala Indica, or "bonsai" for the uncultured
eriocaulon Cinereum
Lysimmachia Nummularia
Limnophila HIppuridoides
Tonina Fluviatilis
Ludwigia white
Crypt willisii
ludwigia white reverted (inclinata sp)
Staurogyne Repens
Marsilea Hirsuta

Last edited:
I look forward to seeing the variety of plants in your tank. H. Polysperma is probably there as a nitrate sink because it grows like a weed, but probably won't be needed once the other plants get established. Because my tank is really packing in the plants like your tank, its important to find species that are able to grow straight :)

My Rotala H'ra stems are bending like crazy and some are even creeping along the substrate, so I will probably have to replace it with something else. I'm interested in your plant list and how they work in terms of growing and staying within their 'area'.

I actually quite like H polysperma, as a plant. Might be replaced with syn. macrocaulon if i can find it. as for keeping them in there own area, diligent trimming keeps on top of things. My light is relatively low, as it's just two cheap lights. 30watt total and 2000lm, for around 100 sgd it's good quality.
your tank is stunning, and I wish i was able to get my hands on the rarez you have

Today is water change day and filter maintenance day. limnophila will leave, pics later.

IMG_2414.JPG

after the water change.
next few months I'll really focus on strict trimming

IMG_2415.JPG

cute shrimpy inhabitants, hopefully they breed for me.
excuse the bba and staghorn

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 07.18.18.png

possible clear mutation from my hygrophila polysperma callus plant, but most likely an example of hyperhydricity.

Hi all,
@dw1305 any opinions?......but most likely an example of hyperhydricity.
The glassy leaves may be hyperhydricity. I haven't had anything to do with in vitro plants for 30 years, but during my time in commercial horticulture <"glassiness"> was an issue.

The chlorotic new leaves look to be a deficiency in one of the non-mobile plant nutrients which are involved in chlorophyll production. The most likely of these are <"iron (Fe++(+)) and/or manganese (Mn)">.

cheers Darrel

that's what i thought, and yes these plants were in a poorly fertilised tank, so that makes sense. many thanks darrel

hi guys centrolepis drummondiana. many thanks to Roland. could not recommend more
IMG_7336.JPG

first FTS since centrolepis arrived. hippuridoides to be replaced with Ludwigia Cuba.
IMG_9531.JPG

IMG_2499.JPG

blood vomit starting to root! might get a new light soon, exciting times.

light ordered! in the mean time, thought you might enjoy my low tech tanks

clear hygrophila still stable, thought you guys might like to see.
IMG_7390.JPG
IMG_7389.JPG

and new leaves on anubias nana petite. very excited!
IMG_7388.JPG
IMG_7387.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7389.JPG
    IMG_7389.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 225
Back