• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 200g window

Absolutely beautiful Michael, congratulations! The tank and layout look fabulous but I really love how its has been built into the wall. Would be great to see an update in due course showing the wall again. Do you have to be very careful with water dripping down the wood or does the wood have any protection against spillages? I can never manage to keep things dry whenever I do anything in a tank. I find that a very frustrating part of the hobby (forever drying up below the aquarium).

I can never manage to keep things dry whenever I do anything in a tank.
😂 So it isn’t just me that feels this way. Every time I’m convinced it will be quick and simple, then there is water all over the floor, down the sides, inside the cabinet etc. Today I even managed to get it on the wall behind the aquarium!

Absolutely beautiful tank @Michael1212

I like it how it is. Wild and natural.

Absolutely beautiful Michael, congratulations! The tank and layout look fabulous but I really love how its has been built into the wall. Would be great to see an update in due course showing the wall again. Do you have to be very careful with water dripping down the wood or does the wood have any protection against spillages? I can never manage to keep things dry whenever I do anything in a tank. I find that a very frustrating part of the hobby (forever drying up below the aquarium).

😂 So it isn’t just me that feels this way. Every time I’m convinced it will be quick and simple, then there is water all over the floor, down the sides, inside the cabinet etc. Today I even managed to get it on the wall behind the aquarium!

Absolutely beautiful tank @Michael1212

I like it how it is. Wild and natural.
Thanks Killi and Packman. Here is a wall shot of the tank from today.

20210801_wall.jpg

Whenever I'm doing work I will put a towel on the floor of both sides. The panel above opens all the way up on both sides, which is necessary because the tank is 90cm across. Instead of vacuuming gravel, I just blast the sump pump to max and wave my hand over the substrate, and let the detritus go to the sump. When I'm trimming I actually just dump my cuttings into the overflow box as well and let the filter basket deal with it.

20210801_overflow.jpg

Water changes are done by turning on the tap over the overflow box. This avoids all of the splashing you might normally get with a water change. In the sump I have an outlet to the drain. The saves my back a lot of heartache :)

20210801_drain1.jpg

Thanks Michael for sharing the pics. That is such a great set up. So well thought through. It must all really help to minimise any dripping on the floor or cupboard unit when you are working on the tank 👍🏼👍🏼. Love the depth of the tank as well...

Back