• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

My 12G softwater

plantnoobdude

new plants, eriocaulon quinquangulare, synoganthus rio negro giant, cuphea anagaloidea, bacopa salzmanii. layout is temporary i need ideas haha. many thanks to macek.g for the plants. A plus seller all arrived perfectly with extras as well.
IMG_2604.jpg

erwin123

nice. but the Giant Syntho would be a bit big (width of crown) for your tank compared to Lago Grande or Macrocaulon? :)

2hr aquarist just released an article of B. Salzmannii, now I know there are 2 types, the green type that has a red/purplish tinge and the deep red/purple type. I think I'll start hunting for the deep red/purple type since it does not appear to require any special water parameters.... seems to cost like 16x more than the regular green ones though...

Last edited:

plantnoobdude

nice. but the Giant Syntho would be a bit big (width of crown) for your tank compared to Lago Grande or Macrocaulon? :)

2hr aquarist just released an article of B. Salzmannii, now I know there are 2 types, the green type that has a red/purplish tinge and the deep red/purple type. I think I'll start hunting for the deep red/purple type since it does not appear to require any special water parameters.... seems to cost like 16x more than the regular green ones though...
yes, i should've gone with macrocaulon. but i like the look, and if it becomes too big can always swap and sell.
yes, there are two types. i have the non-sg salz

plantnoobdude

EI dosing day 4. seems easy, just dose 2ml micro and macro everyday.
at the end of the week i dose
30ppm No3
20ppm K
3 ppm PO4
0.4ppm Fe
slight increase in algae, nothing too bad good maintenance and it should go away.

plantnoobdude

some plant pictures
./forum/attachments/img_9626-jpg.172973/?hash=011b6c185ca6bfab929efa791521c0fd
IMG_9629.JPG
IMG_9626.JPG
Rotala Rotundifolia and Ludwigia Palustris. Palustris really seems to like EI gets much bigger and redder. Rotundifolia is still a decent color. perhaps light stress.

plantnoobdude

centrolepis drummondiana or eriocaulon "blood vomit" before and after split
IMG_2640.JPG
IMG_2641.JPG
can't wait till i can get a full carpet.

plantnoobdude

IMG_2637.JPG

quinquangulare is growing well. good root growth. doesn't seem too difficult (yet)

plantnoobdude

IMG_2656.JPG

made the light crazy purple haha. just for fun. also noticed my first berried CRS! it's been two months and i was getting impatient.

Libba

Looking great. Plant health looks good now too. Is that Bacopa Caroliniana in the midground?

erwin123

Your Eriocaulon Q is doing very well with nice thick leaves, and your Super Reds, the lower leaves all look healthy. I am having a problem with the lower leaves getting the bright green dust algae.

plantnoobdude

Your Eriocaulon Q is doing very well with nice thick leaves, and your Super Reds, the lower leaves all look healthy. I am having a problem with the lower leaves getting the bright green dust algae.
Gsa is usually from excess organics in my case, i vacuum out the substrate and clean the filter as regularly as possible.