• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Multiple Types of Algae

goldscapes

Hi,
The “155L Goldfish Cube” is having a few challenges with algae... none of them is serious but I think they may be signs that I need to alter something.

First is diatoms on leaves, these appeared after my inline diffuser became blocked and CO2 levels dropped too low. Drop checker is now green shortly after lights on until lights off so I think this is sorted. I’m just wiping down affected leaves (Anubias) or cutting them off if too delicate (rosaefolia).

Second is green, short filamentous strands stuck to the glass, they resist a sponge but are removed with a rougher pad. They return not long after clearing them. Might this be green hair algae?

Third and final is Green Spot Algae on the glass. Photo period is 8 hours, CO2 is fine as above. Water flow is ample 1400lph on a 155L tank. Which leaves low Phosphate as a likely cause (according to James’ Algae site).

Basic maintenance schedule is 40-50% water change weekly with filter and tube cleaning as required. Fertilisation is 3ml Seachem Flourish, 6ml Seachem Potasssium and 3ml Seachem Iron every third day.

Any thoughts or advice are well received.

Back