• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Multi-quotes function

CJM70

Okay I feel really thick having to ask but how do you use this multi-quote function?

i’m sure it is for the purpose of being able to make just one reply but to several peoples comments on a post at one time, and that makes perfect sense To avoid having to make multiple replies when you read through a thread that has already begun. I just can’t work out how to do it. 🤔🥲🤯

Okay I feel really thick having to ask but how do you use this multi-quote function?

i’m sure it is for the purpose of being able to make just one reply but to several peoples comments on a post at one time, and that makes perfect sense To avoid having to make multiple replies when you read through a thread that has already begun. I just can’t work out how to do it. 🤔🥲🤯
Despite being on this forum since 2016 I only just learnt how to do it too!

What I do is click the quote reply button (the one furthest to the right) and type my response. Then you click it again on the next person whom you'd like to reply to and keep going. Once you've got them all in you can hit reply. I think there's another way using the multi quote button but I haven't figured that out yet!

What I do is click the quote reply button (the one furthest to the right) and type my response. Then you click it again on the next person whom you'd like to reply to and keep going. Once you've got them all in you can hit reply. I think there's another way using the multi quote button but I haven't figured that out yet!

As above, I just click the reply with quote button.

To use the multi-quote+ button, just click that button on any post you want to quote, then when done hit insert quotes at the bottom of the reply text box, it appears next to attach files.

As above, I just click the reply with quote button.

To use the multi-quote+ button, just click that button on any post you want to quote, then when done hit insert quotes at the bottom of the reply text box, it appears next to attach files.
Something I find really useful on this forum too, is you can highlight just part of someone's post, and then a mini 'Quote' pop-up box appears, click that and you'll quote just the snippet you've highlighted.
Thank you to all three of you I’m doing this using the Regular quote option and will try the plus option later. Cheers guys.

If you click on the text you want to quote and highlight it, like you would if you were to copy and paste this will appear.

Screenshot_20211130-182247_Chrome.jpg

Hit the + Quote icon and then choose the next bit of text you want to quote.

Screenshot_20211130-182322_Chrome.jpg

Once you've added all the quotes scroll down and tap "Write your reply"

Screenshot_20211130-183245_Chrome.jpg

Hit the "Insert quote" icon and this will appear.

Screenshot_20211130-182406_Chrome.jpg

And finally ~ Hit "Quote messages"

Et voilà.

Back