• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mould

I noticed some mould growing on my all in one solution. Will adding a little extra Potassium Sorbate help to stop this?

I noticed some mould growing on my all in one solution. Will adding a little extra Potassium Sorbate help to stop this?
I would recommend doing a new batch. Try to be as clean as possible. I usually rinse anything that will come in contact with the fert with bleach or hot boiling water. Since I am using a pump doser I also flush the lines with bleach when doing a new batch as bacteria will survive in the line and contaminate your new solution.

You can also make less concentrated solutions which will last less thus less time for bacteria to develop.

I have a question about iron and phosphate, when there is precipitation, does the iron only become insoluble or the phosphate too ?

I have a question about iron and phosphate, when there is precipitation, does the iron only become insoluble or the phosphate too ?
Both, as it precipitates to form insoluble iron phosphate (FePo4). I think there will also be some other reactions going on but that's beyond my knowledge. @X3NiTH will be able to give you some crispy details about the chemical reaction going on.
Depending on the concentration of each element there might still be some dissolved elements left in the container but nowhere near what you had design the recipe to be. This means that when you observe some precipitation, there is only one thing to do. Rethink why it happened and redo it. Usually it's because the solution was not properly acidified before hand.

Back