• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mossarium Dome

I purchased a Botanica boutique "Sanctuary M Rainforest" Mossarium Dome, here is a photo with two small chunks of seiryu stone, not sure if I should try only mosses or also some small plants to grow emersed also. Should be a fun little project.

35667575866_7dd28a809c_c.jpg
IMG_9663
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Added some moss and smashed up more stone, have a feeling it will dry out, lava rock probably would be a better choice, we will see!

35326067980_2689f6b0d2_c.jpg
IMG_9684
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Really love this little glass. Is it hard to work on?.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

No its very simple, the full glass lid comes off and there is a rubber insert you can use for the scape / rock and moss etc

Finally got a light for this little dome, its a Chihiros C-Series Led, the light is seriously blue, doesn't show up so much in the photo but I wouldn't want to use this on a planted tank, almost look like a reef light its that blue! Was only about 20 bucks so I cant complain.

Without any light the moss has grown, not fast at all it has grown. Also have not misted the dome for months, it holds water really well, will need a misting now I wiped the condensation from the glass for the photo

IMG_0702
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

37584754706_7d60facaaf_c.jpg
IMG_0705
by Colm Doyle, on Flickr

Just as a FYI, after a added the light (which is a fair way above the dome) the flame moss died / lost all colour, I have since removed the light and will go back to just ambient light and see if it recovers

Back