• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moss isn't doing well

The moss in my tank went from great to pathetic looking, I thought it was because of Glut. but even after I stopped using for about 2 weeks the moss is still not recovering....anyone any thoughts on this?
moss%201_zpsbyjmuujz.jpg

Last edited:
I had a similar thing happen when moving Java Moss healthy from co2 tank to another tank without co2(press.)Ceg put it down to moss used to co2 suddenly without.I salvaged the healthiest looking bits placed on windowcill in jam jars water just enough to cover the moss the moss began to grow emersed up the jar vivid green and healthy used this part to go back in tank and it slowly spread well again.A small army of Armanos would be useful.

Glut shouldn't really be a problem unless you are overdosing by a lot. Some mosses however don't like too much light I believe so could be a problem with that?

What's the temp of the tank at the moment Martin ? Moss does like it cooler ime mine always suffers through the summer months then recovers slowly through Autumn and winter, around 20-22c is good for moss i find.
The temp is at a constant 25 C...the summers here are quit a bit longer than in the UK, that's why I use a chiller for the looooooooong summer (I'm still in shorts) and a heater for the 2-3 months winter (more autumn than winter actually).
The thing is that I had the same moss in my previous setup with the same filter, lighting etc. without any problems, but now it doesn't grow nice...:confused:

I have a 10g tank in which I have a 'mop' of java fern for the fish to use to breed etc. About two weeks ago it all just started turning brown. I am not really sure what is going on in there. I did have a fish die in there about the same time so I suspect there was an ammonia spike or something similar. fwiw.

Back