• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

More terrestrial plant ids

Ian Holdich

Hey guys, just wondered whether any of you can do me (well, actually the mrs) a favour. I need a few ids if at all possible

It's the middle vase/jar
image.jpg

This
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thank you guys, any help will be great!

Sorry pal, I can't help you out there - they look nice though!

PS, your battery wants charging tonight :)

Cheers Gary, were getting married next year and she wants the tables decorating like the top picture. Also adding some colour.

Cheers Gary, were getting married next year and she wants the tables decorating like the top picture. Also adding some colour.

Congratulations mate - I will ask my mrs to have a look in a bit, she knows allot of plants, so will hopefully know one or two.

Cheers mate, she going to have a go growing them in the greenhouse herself. I'm gonna try and get the seeds online. We're on a budget! Lol

Garden plants are difficult to id like this, people have cross bred things, but here goes !
Bottom pic is a Hydrangea. The one above is (not sure on this) a Tradescantia. Then L to R, a Columbine (Aquilegia), An Amaryllys and an Aster of some sort. Finally, the blue and yellow is an Iris, possibly sibirica. Try asking Darrell, he seems to know his stuff.
Best of luck with the wedding.
Cheers
Devo

Thanks for that palm tree, and cheers for spending the time on them devo.

Hi all,
Pictures
Sorry been away from the PC for a few days and missed this thread, but Devo is pretty much on the money.
Beardless Iris is probably a Dutch Iris (Iris tingitana x Iris xiphium or I. x "Hollandica"), they are bulbous and popular with florists. The Aquilegia looks like a "McKana long-spurred hybrid", but you can't see the spurs. The blue composite is a "Michaelmas Daisy", looks like it might be Aster x frikartii "Monch". The big Lily like flower is an "Amaryllis", Hippeastrum cultiar. There are loads of cultivars. The 3 petalled flower is definitely a Tradescantia, T. virginiana, again there are loads of cultivars. Hydrangea is a "mop-heap" H. macrophylla cultivar.

As suggested also looks like Lavender, and Rosemary on the table (twiggy plant on the right)

Vase
The vase has an Astrantia (far right), the large central structure looks like Ammi majus, but assuming the daisy flower is part of it? it may be a "Marguerite" (Argyranthemum) of some description.

There is also Rose in there (pink buds), and a seed head of Scabiosa or Knautia (the pom-pom at the back). The silver leaf at the front may be Senecio cineraria (this is silvery on both sides). Flower on the left looks like an Achillea, possibly Achillea 'Terracotta'.

cheers Darrel

Thanks guys (darrel) lol! Seriously thank you all for your answers, It has helped immensely. The trouble and strife also says thank you.

Back