• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Miracle Gro / Osmocote ?

Notator

HI all, I've seen people posting about using a layer of Osmocote under molar clay...
Well I haven't been able to find Osmocote in any of my local garden places, But I could find MiracleGro "All purpose continuous relaeas plant food"
Would this be OK to use instead?
Be very greatful for advice and information - newbie setting up a 4ft tank trying to use what I'm learning from this forum!

Link to product for id puposes: http://www.greenfingers.com/superst...F0016D&co=fr&gclid=CLTRubSCu7MCFUfJtAodRSgA6A

Hi,
I've not used this particular brand of slow release but it should be the very similar to Osmocote.

Cheers,

Thanks again Ceg!
None of my LFS are much into planted aquaria - so this forum is a Godsend to me...
There's about a million things I need to learn!

I have a limited budget, and big dreams - I can't afford mistakes like putting the wrong thing under my substrate and messing everything up!

Well, there you have it mate. Now that's settled you only need to learn 999,999 things...

Cheers,

Urea and Ammonium Nitrate are much more efficient at delivering Nitrogen to plants than NO3. One simply has to be careful about the possible toxicity issues. When dosing NO3 one doesn't have to think about toxicity, so this is why it can be more desirable. Couple of threads relating to urea dosing:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=925
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14594

Cheers,

Did anyone else here the whistling noise that made when it went right over my head??
:)

:)
My brain hurts...
PArt of me keeps thinking..."it's a fish tank...it CAN'T be THAT complicated"...but then I read another topic and think.."oh..yeah, actually..it IS..."!

Good fun trying to learn though!

Back