• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mini ferns.

Dan Walter

Hi all,

I've noticed on ebay some mini java fern and bolbitis for sale coming from Malaysia & Taiwan.

has anyone had any experiance with these?

Tropica?

Cheers

Dan

The mini bolbitis isn't actually bolbitis it's a species called Crepidomanes auriculatum, it's not particularly hard, just needs nice flow/high co2.

I bought what was supposed to be mini java and it was no different to run of the mill java.

Actually crepidomanes auriculatum is a different fern altogether from mini-bolbitus. I have both and I would say that both are originally terrestrial ferns. The crep will grow under water and likes CO2 and high light. I am currently trying to cultivate the mini-bolbitus. I have only had it a couple weeks. In one of my tanks it appears to be dying off, in the other it is holding steady. I will try to update on it when I know for sure what it is doing. London Dragon may be able to give more advice in the future too.

The stuff I bought as mini-bolb definitely was crepidomanes, maybe you received the real deal and I didn't?

i bought mini bolbitis and dwarf windlov they are both what they say they are and are just starting to flurish after thair long flight

Back