• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Million's 110L medium tech - red and green

I guess the tissue culture portions were the normal 5,5 cm ones? (1-2-grow and similiar ones?) In Germany, we have access to bigger ones, thats why I am asking

You're welcome. Yes, the tissue cultures were small, about the size you mention. With hair grass as long as you have the patience and some tweezers, a little goes a long way

Love the layout of this scape, I had a similar issue with hairgrass and it all just died off not sure of the cause but it was a shame. If you get it right it looks good.

20170719_155906-01.png
It's been a while! I had a real issue with several types of algae after neglecting the tank somewhat. I went on holiday, and also dropped water changes down to 50% every fortnight or so.

Had to cull most of the hair grass, large areas of it were covered in BBA and it has never really thrived. I realized there was a lot of debris on the tank floor, which I think was leaching nitrates, as well as me allowing EI to accumulate, fueling the algae. Moss on the branches was lifting off, so I replaced it with some weeping moss which has a bit of riccia in it. The staurogyne had a massive die back, but is growing back now. I added some nymphaea bulbs.

I'm back to weekly 50% water changes and things are looking up again.

I want to introduce a foreground plant to replace the hair grass in front of the dragon stone pallisade - any suggestions?

Last edited:
Back